• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA record at 380+ trips a month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice TG reference but I prefer the SNL version...

The high total trip guy is a check airmen ...had one three day cancelled (with pay) and he had vacation...still wow

You said:

"100% of the AT pilot group is making more than when they were bought."

Proven False.

You said:

"Was it when I said that you are making more now than before the purchase? No, once again pretty easy to compare pay rates.".

Again, False.

I was making $154. under our 2001 Contract. That is more than I am making here, even without inflation cutting it in half.

Give it a rest, Chief. You're starting to sound as crazy as Wacky-Jack.

:laugh:

If you were making $154 under the 2001 contract which I believe was 12th or 15th year top out pay. That means you had at least 12 years before the purchase. That also means you should have no problem holding captain here which is a lot more than $154 an hour. So, unless you decided to stay FO for the quality of life? Then the math is stupid simple that you and everyone else is making more than when you were bought. Right?

If you were making $154 under the 2001 contract which I believe was 12th or 15th year top out pay. That means you had at least 12 years before the purchase. That also means you should have no problem holding captain here which is a lot more than $154 an hour. So, unless you decided to stay FO for the quality of life? Then the math is stupid simple that you and everyone else is making more than when you were bought. Right?

As of about three months ago, I could hold CA in my base. When I decide to re-upgrade, yes, I will be making more, but commuting to reserve isn't worth it. Thankfully, I don't have three ex-wives to support. :D

As of about three months ago, I could hold CA in my base. When I decide to re-upgrade, yes, I will be making more, but commuting to reserve isn't worth it. Thankfully, I don't have three ex-wives to support. :D

So, once again it is about you and my statement stands correct.

Because if you chose to work less or not upgrade that is your own fault that you don't make more but simple math shows the difference in payscales shows that 100% of the airtran pilots make more here at SW than when airtran was first bought.

Here if this helps I will say 99.1% of the airtran pilots make more than when they were first bought with 100% of them having the ability to make more if they want.

I find it sad that you can't even accept that the VAST MAJORITY OF THE AIRTRAN PILOT GROUP HAS MADE ANYWHERE FROM 30% TO 50% MORE THAN THEY DID AT AIRTRAN.

You can't argue that as the FO's alone got about a 50% raise just coming over to Southwest. Yet you seem to try and find the less than 1% of the people making close to the same or slightly less and use them as an example of not getting a pay raise.

Eventually you will upgrade get another 35% pay raise followed shortly by another pay raise when the contract comes out. While the Southwest Pilot got nothing out of the acquisition but additional and younger people above them that were not there before.

I also find it humorous that you complain about pay yet are enjoying some of the best premium open time that I believe pays about $212 an hour which is once again a lot more than you were making before you got to SW. All the while forgoing the $203 an hour that you could be making as captain while getting weekends and holidays off.

Who cares? If pay was what really mattered, you would have been fighting for a pay raise during that ordeal rather than fighting to steal our seniority.

Who cares? If pay was what really mattered, you would have been fighting for a pay raise during that ordeal rather than fighting to steal our seniority.

Yep.

Blueside, you are wrong. There are plenty of guys making less, I am just one of them.

As PCL pointed out, the losses were not just financial; I lost my seat, my base, and a heck of a lot of pay over the last nine months.

I'm not b1tching about it, just trying to clear up some malingering misconceptions. If you want to keep posting about how we all made out like bandits, expect to hear the other side of it.

Yep.

Blueside, you are wrong. There are plenty of guys making less, I am just one of them.

As PCL pointed out, the losses were not just financial; I lost my seat, my base, and a heck of a lot of pay over the last nine months.

I'm not b1tching about it, just trying to clear up some malingering misconceptions. If you want to keep posting about how we all made out like bandits, expect to hear the other side of it.

Sure your not. Your Just letting everyone know you where a captain Like every post .

Fo's did not get a 50% pay pay raise "the second they crossed over." I'm on 9th year pay and my take home is on average 1,500 more a month. Now yes, that is more than I made at AirTran, and I do enjoy it, but just calling it what it is. You can spin numbers all day long, but I look at what goes in my wallet. The "we saved you" rhetoric is getting really old. You didn't do crap... You're a worker bee. The sooner everyone parks their ego and moves along, the better off this place will be.

Latest resources

Back