• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Pinnacle Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So we have delta management delta it delta payroll when we come out of chapter 11 but pinnacle pay rates. I'm not saying we deserve any special treatment but does anyone else think we should try to sue for single carrier status? What's the worst that can happen? We lose and they build us up and sell us or just park everything because they are mad. Either way is cool with me!

It does not help when our fearless union leaders at the local and national level recommended that we sign yes to this agreement. If I am not mistaken it was a unanimous vote by the MEC. It is time we have to look at the role the union played in how they duped the pilot group. Delta's pilot union has always been a "company union" in that it gives the company what it needs to be successful. It seems to me that ALPA national had its hands on the puppet strings of our MEC to see that Delta makes profits, which is good for Delta pilots and their profit sharing.

Below is a part of our union email sent to us. "One level of service" but yet two levels of compensation for the two very different pilot groups.

Gumm’s goal for Pinnacle is to be a world-class regional airline with the best product at the best price. In order to achieve that goal, Pinnacle employees, including the pilots, must own the idea of “one level of customer service” that spans the Delta network.

Mike Becker described the integration of various Pinnacle systems with Delta to streamline those processes, cuts costs and run the airline more efficiently. “When we emerge from bankruptcy, a number of back-office functions will be integrated with Delta. By utilizing Delta’s existing infrastructure, we can more efficiently manage certain functions such as payroll. This will allow us to significantly improve our performance and eliminate many of challenges we’re experiencing as a result of turnover and the uncertainties brought on by bankruptcy.”

That pretty much seals the deal. Delta has no intention of PCL ever being an independent company again. The senior management team is now all Delta employees and all the back office functions will be done by Delta in ATL. PCL is nothing but Delta's 1980's B scale and Moak and DALPA facilitated it.

So, as everyone starts leaving for AMR and United and PCL can't staff their B scale RJ's what's Delta going to do?

That pretty much seals the deal. Delta has no intention of PCL ever being an independent company again. The senior management team is now all Delta employees and all the back office functions will be done by Delta in ATL. PCL is nothing but Delta's 1980's B scale and Moak and DALPA facilitated...

So, as everyone starts leaving for AMR and United and PCL can't staff their B scale RJ's what's Delta going to do?

Spin-one-inncle is the new Comair. They'll close your doors when they can't staff ya.

Last edited:
Its better than a "b" scale. Its not even close to the operating cost a b scale would have. All the Pinnacle ground instructors, sim instructors chief pilots-everyone is 1/2 as expensive as it would be to have a true mainline b scale with Delta seniority pilots. If they cannot staff Pinnacle-their attempt at making people stay or be attracted to Pinnacle is the worthless "bridge agreement" (known as a bridge to know where). They will put a small carrot again in front of the pinnacle pilots in the form of a LOA that just may keep the profits flowing for Delta. What I find funny is that what I heard in the road shows from our union on what the merits of the Bridge agreement and what I actually read in the agreement are two different things.

For example. IN the road shows, they say that we have a certain number of slots in every class that Delta has- this is very misleading as they only have to go through the seniority list twice (only interviewing those they want and only taking the ones they want from those they interviewed). Then the bridge is done.

That pretty much seals the deal. Delta has no intention of PCL ever being an independent company again. The senior management team is now all Delta employees and all the back office functions will be done by Delta in ATL. PCL is nothing but Delta's 1980's B scale and Moak and DALPA facilitated it.

Probably 1 of 2, or both:

1. Yank 20-30 airframes per year to match the reduced staffing

2. Offer a mostly worthless Delta seniority # entitlement to 9E pilots (Similar to what Eagle has) giving people a carrot to stick around and attract a few new hires.

It does not help when our fearless union leaders at the local and national level recommended that we sign yes to this agreement. If I am not mistaken it was a unanimous vote by the MEC. It is time we have to look at the role the union played in how they duped the pilot group. Delta's pilot union has always been a "company union" in that it gives the company what it needs to be successful. It seems to me that ALPA national had its hands on the puppet strings of our MEC to see that Delta makes profits, which is good for Delta pilots and their profit sharing.

Below is a part of our union email sent to us. "One level of service" but yet two levels of compensation for the two very different pilot groups.

Gumm’s goal for Pinnacle is to be a world-class regional airline with the best product at the best price. In order to achieve that goal, Pinnacle employees, including the pilots, must own the idea of “one level of customer service” that spans the Delta network.

Mike Becker described the integration of various Pinnacle systems with Delta to streamline those processes, cuts costs and run the airline more efficiently. “When we emerge from bankruptcy, a number of back-office functions will be integrated with Delta. By utilizing Delta’s existing infrastructure, we can more efficiently manage certain functions such as payroll. This will allow us to significantly improve our performance and eliminate many of challenges we’re experiencing as a result of turnover and the uncertainties brought on by bankruptcy.”

Gawd. This is so COMAIR. I think you're even getting the same emails with company names changed.

When you vote "yes" on a degenerate contract and still manage to think you're a "professional", I'd say it's all about you....and your low self-esteem.

If you weren't just an observer and your team was in the game you would have done better, right?

Latest resources

Back