Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mesaba13

These guys are apparently coming in with the new CEO:

"Barry Wilbur is the Director of Flying Operations at Delta Airlines where he is responsible for managing more than 11,500 Delta pilots. A pilot himself, he is currently a First Officer on the 767 aircraft and generally flies to international destinations. Prior to coming to Delta in 2001, Barry spent more than 24 years on active duty in the United States Navy where he flew numerous different aircraft types while serving. He culminated his naval career as Commander, Fleet Logistics Support Wing, the largest air wing in the US Navy. A 1977 graduate of the US Naval Academy, he also has an MBA from Corpus Christi State University and an MS from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces at the National Defense University."

"Mr. Michael J. Becker, Mike has been an Executive Vice President of Delta Air Lines Inc. since October 2008 and is responsible for international operations, including the Pacific unit. Mr. Becker served as Chief Operating Officer of Northwest Airlines, Inc. from October 2008 to December 2009. Mr. Becker served as Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations of Northwest Airlines, Inc. (known as NWA Inc), a subsidiary of Delta Air Lines since August 2001. Mr. Becker served as Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations of Northwest Airlines Corp., from May 2005 to October 2008. He joined Northwest Airlines Corp. in May 1993 and served as its Senior Vice President - Human Resources since 2001. Prior to this, Mr. Becker served as Vice President of International of Northwest Airlines, where he was responsible for all financial, administration and operations functions for its Atlantic and Pacific divisions. He served as Managing Director of Corporate Human Resources of Northwest. Prior to joining Northwest, Mr. Becker served for six years in various human resources, compensation and planning positions with The Dow Chemical Company. He serves on the Boards of the University of Minnesota Industrial Relations Center, the Minnesota International Center, and the Narita Radisson Hotel. Mr. Becker holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from St. John's University and a Masters degree in Human Resources and Industrial Relations from the University of Minnesota."

Loren Neuenschwander

"Loren has held a variety of roles with Delta, most recently in Paris as the
Managing Director of Alliance partnerships overseeing the joint venture
with Air France and KLM. His previous assignment included oversight of the
financial performance of the nine Delta Connection carriers."

This looks like a very strong team

These guys are apparently coming in with the new CEO:

"Barry Wilbur is the Director of Flying Operations at Delta Airlines where he is responsible for managing more than 11,500 Delta pilots. A pilot himself, he is currently a First Officer on the 767 aircraft and generally flies to international destinations. Prior to coming to Delta in 2001, Barry spent more than 24 years on active duty in the United States Navy where he flew numerous different aircraft types while serving. He culminated his naval career as Commander, Fleet Logistics Support Wing, the largest air wing in the US Navy. A 1977 graduate of the US Naval Academy, he also has an MBA from Corpus Christi State University and an MS from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces at the National Defense University."

"Mr. Michael J. Becker, Mike has been an Executive Vice President of Delta Air Lines Inc. since October 2008 and is responsible for international operations, including the Pacific unit. Mr. Becker served as Chief Operating Officer of Northwest Airlines, Inc. from October 2008 to December 2009. Mr. Becker served as Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations of Northwest Airlines, Inc. (known as NWA Inc), a subsidiary of Delta Air Lines since August 2001. Mr. Becker served as Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Labor Relations of Northwest Airlines Corp., from May 2005 to October 2008. He joined Northwest Airlines Corp. in May 1993 and served as its Senior Vice President - Human Resources since 2001. Prior to this, Mr. Becker served as Vice President of International of Northwest Airlines, where he was responsible for all financial, administration and operations functions for its Atlantic and Pacific divisions. He served as Managing Director of Corporate Human Resources of Northwest. Prior to joining Northwest, Mr. Becker served for six years in various human resources, compensation and planning positions with The Dow Chemical Company. He serves on the Boards of the University of Minnesota Industrial Relations Center, the Minnesota International Center, and the Narita Radisson Hotel. Mr. Becker holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from St. John's University and a Masters degree in Human Resources and Industrial Relations from the University of Minnesota."

Loren Neuenschwander

"Loren has held a variety of roles with Delta, most recently in Paris as the
Managing Director of Alliance partnerships overseeing the joint venture
with Air France and KLM. His previous assignment included oversight of the
financial performance of the nine Delta Connection carriers."

Delta is putting a lot of talent into this company. That is a good sign for the future.

Why do I get the feeling we will soon be wearing hats at 9E? UGH

Hey I agree as hat optional at NWA but until I see my name at the bottom of my pay stub I'll do what they want. FYI my thought process is colored by the fact that I own a business and expect my employee to wear the stuff I give them too...

Hey I agree as hat optional at NWA but until I see my name at the bottom of my pay stub I'll do what they want. FYI my thought process is colored by the fact that I own a business and expect my employee to wear the stuff I give them too...

That's cute but more than half of this company does have hats because they weren't given to us, we still have mismatching coats and jackets because they couldn't afford to give us proper coats. I'm more than willing to wear my old captain hat as a FO with the grey to match the yellow and black with a blue overcoat.... it'll be like a patchwork. Anyway that's my current issued uniform and the hat is optional.

I haven't been given a hat. Or a black coat for that matter. And now we have no uniform allowance to buy them either.

No hat, blue winter/trenchcoat, black blazer. No uniform allowance. Delta gonna need to pony up some money if they want us to look like professional flight crews. We are mismatched clowns. I couldn't even get a pair of 9e Capt. wings. The only pair she had was broke....I was told to super glue them. Not kidding. It's gonna take at least 2-3 years to get this place running properly. Looks like my predictions are slowly coming true though: 1. Move to MSP 2. Name change 3. 9e operates the 717's. for slave wages.

I am very impressed who is taking over and look forward to seeing what changes are to come. I doubt we will have to wear hats since that would cost the company money.

No hat, blue winter/trenchcoat, black blazer. No uniform allowance. Delta gonna need to pony up some money if they want us to look like professional flight crews. We are mismatched clowns. I couldn't even get a pair of 9e Capt. wings. The only pair she had was broke....I was told to super glue them. Not kidding. It's gonna take at least 2-3 years to get this place running properly. Looks like my predictions are slowly coming true though: 1. Move to MSP 2. Name change 3. 9e operates the 717's. for slave wages.

Ha ha. Funny stuff. The 717s won't be operated by 9e, and the next bid will have the initial 100 717 Capts and 100 717 FOs up for bid, flown by mainline. Those 200 spots should cover the first 16 717s coming this year, and the next two years will have 36 717s each, for a total of 88 717s, all at mainline. By 2015 newhire wages will be $71 an hour on that plane, with 12 year Capt pay at $195 an hour on the 717. Not slave like wages. Good try Nostradamus.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back