• Start date
  • Watchers 73

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your response doesn't address anything in his statement. You will fly 737s domestically forever, and you will most likely never fly a 787. But, you do point out the great pay at Southwest, which is what you should get for flying 5-6 legs a day at a profitable airline.

I guess, I was implying "how do you know we will not have the 787 here, someday?"

Still have to buy the type rating to work at SW from what I can see

gotta pay for health insurance at CAL.

Other then international flying, please name the airline that only flies 1 leg a day? It is probably an airline in bankruptcy protection with 5-6 day trips being very common. All carriers fly multi-legs, thesedays.

Now, lets talk "ground time" - who wins this? Which airline has the most swaps?

Last edited:
Some of you guys sure seem hypersensitive. It is not like it has any impact on you personally one way or another, so why care? Why wouldn't a new guy living in PHX for example, far from any CAL base, want to have the chance to be based at home, aside from any other factors? Most people value their home time and personal/family life. I am truly sorry if some of you don't.

As others have said, I think this is a good way to get improvements for your next contract, and not just for first year pay/benefits. Maybe you should thank these guys who left for voting with their feet. It only stands to benefit you and your future co-workers.

This coming from bozo who thinks flying an ILS without a flight director in the sim is an ecliptic challenge. AA? Not even hiring idiot. DAL and United? Both still in bankruptcy with United not hiring yet either (and probably for a considerable while). SWA? Yeah - if you like the 737 gig for the next 30 years of your life. FDX and UPS - sure, understandable.

I think you need you need to take a break from your raw data ILS practice and smell the coffee buffoon. There are plenty of app's on file and they're hiring like crazy with confirmed orders on both 73 NG's and 787's at CAL. Yeah, when you were hired at CAL that may have been the case, but now we're replacing clown's such as yourself with guys that have a good attitude, and are glad to be here.

I'll let you get back to your callouts...

Like I said I cringe evertime you post.

Tool...

When you get some experience in this industry post. But with your wopping 2000hrs take a cup of stfu.

Which is cheaper? We are pilots after all........:)
]

I guess if "nothing happens" while you are paying for your insurance then the type costs more. But if something "does" happen, a type could look real cheap.

Like I said I cringe evertime you post.

Tool...

When you get some experience in this industry post. But with your wopping 2000hrs take a cup of stfu.

Bozo - the bulk of my jet time is in fighter aircraft. I know you don't have a f**king clue what that means, but we log about a 1.0 to 1.3 per flight because we actually do something besides fly from Newark to Rochester and back 5 times a day like the bulk of your RJ time.

You know what a fighter is right? Nah...nevermind, get back to your callouts.

]

I guess if "nothing happens" while you are paying for your insurance then the type costs more. But if something "does" happen, a type could look real cheap.

Yes that is true, I was trying to be funny.. Haa Haa. Trying to lighten the mood before Scrap and Double kill each other.

AA

Bozo - the bulk of my jet time is in fighter aircraft. I know you don't have a f**king clue what that means, but we log about a 1.0 to 1.3 per flight because we actually do something besides fly from Newark to Rochester and back 5 times a day like the bulk of your RJ time.

You know what a fighter is right? Nah...nevermind, get back to your callouts.

Your right...What kind of Army jet do you fly again?

Latest resources

Back