• Watchers 73

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I must be a huge loser...

"that may not even be enjoyable on a layover(MAF, AMA, BUF, OMA, GEG, ISP etc), they do it. For them it is all about flying hard (5-6 flights a day with 25 minute turns and mostly short layovers), and playing hard."

Ah I don't know where you stay in GEG but our layover there is awsome. Right on the river upstream from the falls. One of my favorite overnights in all the jobs I have had. St. Thomas was better but I always end up smoking cigars and drinking to many Red Stripes on that overnight...

Geez, I LOVED GEG layovers but they mostly went from the 727 to the A300 some time back. I guess if I liked that dump I must really not know how to have a good layover.

This month I've been flying an OLD 727 with NO GLASS to GFK and back all month. Again--I guess I should start throwing out some apps here soon and see if I can't get a better flying gig somewhere...

Wow, I must have been asleep when Southwest somehow became a better airline than Continental.

Still have to buy the type rating to work at SW from what I can see. I guess some guys will still do it though, so why change it?

We all don't marry the same woman either. Some like tall ones, some like short ones, some like skinny ones, .....

Who the beep cares.
Exactly. So what?

There's only 7,000 more applicants at CAL willing to take the 1st year pay hit, and it incentivizes management to bring the pay scales up at the bottom.

It kinda surprises me though. If I were already off 1st year CAL wages I'd have a hard time taking SWA, simply because the OPTION of international heavy flying sounds good. You don't have to do it all the time, you could do it for a year or two then bid back to small iron domestic. At least the CAL guys have that option.

Different strokes and all that jazz... ;)

p.s. My vote goes for the tall near-anorexic ones, myself. :D

Last edited:
Wow, I must have been asleep when Southwest somehow became a better airline than Continental.

Still have to buy the type rating to work at SW from what I can see. I guess some guys will still do it though, so why change it?

And some guys will fly a 757 or even 777 for $30 an hr and no health for six months and to top it off be based in EWR, so why change it? What a a-hole

I miss Bill Clinton, even our Union tells us to vote that way.

Last edited:
I really don't get the fascination with large aircraft. I'd rather fly a light twin for $200K a year than a 747 for $150K. As far away places go... so what, my favorite airport is the one where I park the airplane at and go home. It's all about QOL and pay, and QOL is far more important.

You have never flown a large plane, so you will continue to feel that way. It is great you love going home so much, just hope your marriage doesn't fall apart and then you will be stuck flying that light twin, back home all the time. Your view is very myopic, since you fly RJs. A 737 is huge to you. If you were already flying widebodies and then got bumped down to a smaller plane (like I did when the company went away) you would feel different.

Such a tool. It's not about who is better moron, it's a matter of what suits each individual person and what suits their family. Size no longer matters, but in your case, I guess it does. Not everyone is born with a small penis there Shorty.

We had a United guy on the jumpseat who was leaving United for the Virgin start up, who would have ever thought.

"You have never flown a large plane, so you will continue to feel that way. It is great you love going home so much, just hope your marriage doesn't fall apart and then you will be stuck flying that light twin, back home all the time. Your view is very myopic, since you fly RJs. A 737 is huge to you. If you were already flying widebodies and then got bumped down to a smaller plane (like I did when the company went away) you would feel different."

I've got to say, I've flown large and small planes. I don't really see much of a difference. I've also flown overseas and stateside. It is great seeing some overseas locations, but the time changes are tough on the body and it is painful dealing with some of the controllers. As for loving to go home, you must have a pretty bad home life if you are taking a job to try to stay away from home.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back