• Start date
  • Watchers 73

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently some guys prefer 6 legs a day between Lubbock and Hobby and Dallas.

I can't understand why, but they do.
People like this drive me crazy. I bitch if I'm doing more than three legs in a day. But It's a great way to push the SWA guys buttons. I still can't help but reply ...WE DONT FLY THAT MANY LEGS...unless based in Dallas.

Some of you folks really need to step back and realize what a bunch of pussies you sound like on this thread.

Civilian? Military? CAL? SWA? Whose Daddy can beat the other's up? Whose house is bigger?

No adult with half a brain gives a rat's ass.

Come on, children, the sun is out, step away from the computer.:D

I don't know why the SW pilots deny it, but they fly many legs a day. In fact, I saw a 7-leg day with my own eyes.

Are you guys saying that there are no 6, and 7 leg days?

I think a pilot will feel much better about himself flying one leg to Rome in the 787, instead of 7 legs a day in West Texas.

There is the occasional 7 leg day, but the average day is 3 trips system wide. Oh well, guess I'll have to suck it up knowing that my family atleast has paid medical insurance and a livable first year wage. How's it feel to get paid like a regional guy for 12 months and beyond?

I'll take quality of life over flying across the pond so I can be cool. You missed a button on your double brested jacket there partner.

I too use to love the ide of working for SWA. Instead I got hired at CAL about 1.5 years ago and can honestly say that I must have been nuts to ever think about going to SWA and retiring there.

This is not a slap in the face to any SWA folk, but if you have never flown a 757 or 767 across the pond then you are definitely missing out on a piece of an aviation carrier how it is ment to be. But, if you neverdo it you will never know.

Shroth

Sounds like you made the right career choice. Most people would like to be in your shoes. However, just like some folks do not wanna fly a 737 for 25 yrs, some would not like to cross ponds for 25 years. Especially when 55-65 yrs old. I had the opportunity for 2 years to fly a 757 over both major ponds and many places inbetween. I had the 7+ hour legs, the 48 hour overnights, and the opportunity to eat "foriegn" food in its native place. I would describe the experience as "neat." Everyone has their niche. Mine is definetly not flying heavies and eating Zebra meat with General Lee. I prefer legs less than 1 hour, flying the plane vs. watching it fly, a Whataburger in CRP (its birthplace), BBQ in KC, Seafood in SAN, and Fat Tire in Denver.
If you wanna leave CAL for SWA, FDX for UPS, Ameriflight for Republic, UAL for Air Mexico, SWA for DAL..........Git 'er Done!! Why do we all bash folks because WE think WE know what is the best choice for THEM?

Last edited:
Sounds like you made the right career choice. Most people would like to be in your shoes. However, just like some folks do not wanna fly a 737 for 25 yrs, some would not like to cross ponds for 25 years. Especially when 55-65 yrs old. I had the opportunity for 2 years to fly a 757 over both major ponds and many places inbetween. I had the 7+ hour legs, the 48 hour overnights, and the opportunity to eat "foriegn" food in its native place. I would describe the experience as "neat." Everyone has their niche. Mine is definetly not flying heavies and eating Zebra meat with General Lee. I prefer legs less than 1 hour, flying the plane vs. watching it fly, a Whataburger in CRP (its birthplace), BBQ in KC, Seafood in SAN, and Fat Tire in Denver.
If you wanna leave CAL for SWA, FDX for UPS, Ameriflight for Republic, UAL for Air Mexico, SWA for DAL..........Git 'er Done!! Why do we all bash folks because WE think WE know what is the best choice for THEM?

Whataburger, good post and I agree with you. Shorter legs, staying domestic. It's comfortable and I don't mind the repetition. The crossing the pond stuff was, to borrow your phrase, "neat" but I could care less about doing it again. Its also very interesting how many feel if your not flying the biggest a/c the longest there is something wrong with you. To each their own I suppose. I suppose the only thing I disagree with you is this:
top_store_1.jpg

Is the best!

Last edited:
Third person?

Dude, the SWA/FO was not talking about our current war leaders. He was talking about pain in the a$$ kernals, that fly for airlines as their retirement job.

Oh, nevermind. BD, thanks for the advice; taking it now...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back