• Start date
  • Watchers 73

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really hope not. I dont know who you fly the 737 for(or maybe it's just a bought type rating for the intereview), but I'm at CAL and we have a contract coming up. Southwest has the highest paid 737 drivers in the country. It gives us a point to negotiate ABOVE in our next contract. I sincerely hope they keep those payrates. That way we can exceed them :)

Excellent post!. Then we can then admire your pay rates, especially your first year which needs a serious upwards trend.

I too use to love the ide of working for SWA. Instead I got hired at CAL about 1.5 years ago and can honestly say that I must have been nuts to ever think about going to SWA and retiring there.

This is not a slap in the face to any SWA folk, but if you have never flown a 757 or 767 across the pond then you are definitely missing out on a piece of an aviation carrier how it is ment to be. I just did a 5 day Cologne Germany trip and brought my wife, daughter and mom. It was like a paid vacation. I also brought my wife to Lima Peru last weekend and that was great too. Sure I do the occaional Vegas and TPA layover (I actually love those), but I honestly feel that I would have missed out on all this if I went to SWA. But, if you neverdo it you will never know.

Shroth

The term "kernal" identifies you with a group of know-nothing know-it-alls who probably tried to make it in the military, but couldn't because of some character flaw that would likely have gotten you named Guest of Honor at a series of well-deserved blanket parties. The fact you so casually mock an entire group of people that consistently passed rigorous scutiny by others more honorable than yourself, then likely risked their lives for you to be a pompous pr1ck any time you want, clearly identifies you in my mind. As far as your arrogant critique of SWA procedures, you're just plain FOS, and I hope the crews figure out who you are before you jump again. FAHWDYKMA ws

ps Interesting you picked the handle "Benjamin Dover" ws

Fuggin' A bubbah.

Last edited:
I too use to love the ide of working for SWA. Instead I got hired at CAL about 1.5 years ago and can honestly say that I must have been nuts to ever think about going to SWA and retiring there.

This is not a slap in the face to any SWA folk, but if you have never flown a 757 or 767 across the pond then you are definitely missing out on a piece of an aviation carrier how it is ment to be. I just did a 5 day Cologne Germany trip and brought my wife, daughter and mom. It was like a paid vacation. I also brought my wife to Lima Peru last weekend and that was great too. Sure I do the occaional Vegas and TPA layover (I actually love those), but I honestly feel that I would have missed out on all this if I went to SWA. But, if you neverdo it you will never know.

Shroth

Apparently some guys prefer 6 legs a day between Lubbock and Hobby and Dallas.

I can't understand why, but they do.

All right

Ok BD, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong--I got carried away on you. After reading your post again, I see you were quoting that WPOS, SWA/FO, who continues to use the term "kernel" because he thinks it's cute. The term absolutely infuriates me, especially during this time of war. If I'm being overpassionate in defense of our national leaders, then so be it. As far as I'm concernced, most Colonels made it to their rank for dammmmmn good reason. Smearing them shows ingnorance at it's worst. Apologies to you, and hoping SWA/FO eats the $h1t that comes out of his mouth. ws

Last edited:
and hoping SWA/FO eats the $h1t that comes out of his mouth

Dude, the SWA/FO was not talking about our current war leaders. He was talking about pain in the a$$ kernals, that fly for airlines as their retirement job.

Ok BD, I'm man enough to admit I was wrong--I got carried away on you. After reading your post again, I see you were quoting that WPOS, SWA/FO, who continues to use the term "kernel" because he thinks it's cute. The term absolutely infuriates me, especially during this time of war. If I'm being overpassionate in defense of our national leaders, then so be it. As far as I'm concernced, most Colonels made it to their rank for dammmmmn good reason. Smearing them shows ingnorance at it's worst. Apologies to you, and hoping SWA/FO eats the $h1t that comes out of his mouth. ws

No worries - thanks for the reply. Kind of figured you didn't read it quite right.

As far the SWA/FO goes - I know it's easier said than done - but he's just not worth the heartache. A couple months ago I tried in vain to explain to him the true nature of serving in today's guard/reserve. Just doesn't get it. No matter what is said here, he will always be one of those guys who feel we got trained for free, had our airline jobs handed to us, are second rate pilots and those that are still serving are scammers. I swore I would ignore any further posts by him, but I got snagged again.

Let's face it - he's not going to change and it seems he has nothing better to than throw out his daily bait to see who will bite. As painful as it might be - I say we all make a pledge to IGNORE SWA/FO FOREVER!!

BD

Apologies to you, and hoping SWA/FO eats the $h1t that comes out of his mouth. ws

Nice comment from a man who would like to tear off the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. You are not the quintessential military man in my book, and I hope you are just an isolated case in the military.

Maybe because they make in a month what you make in a year.

Me either...6 legs a day? Really? I don't do 6 legs a day....I can't imagine the airplane routing that gets an OAK based pilot to flying 6 legs a day between HOU-LBB and DAL. Or a MDW pilot or those based in MCO, BWI or PHX.

Where do you get your information from? I only ask becasue the vast majority of SWA pilots are not based in DAL or HOU.

Latest resources

Back