• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Name and Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an unscientific poll--- how many of you honestly plan on leaving vs. staying with ASA/ExpressJet for the full duration of your career as everything stands (scope scale/ flying model remain the same, etc). No judgement from me because everyone has their own situation. Just curious.

I CHOSE ASA as a permanent home just in case things didn't pan out at a major/cargo airline.

I chose ASA over offers at CHQ and Mesa despite those places offering quicker upgrades. I thought it was wiser to work for Comair/Expressjet/ASA than to chase the quick upgrade for QOL, sanity and many other reasons.

Looks like I chose poorly. The current management has driven this company so far into the ground that I don't think it will exist in a few years. No newly minted pilot in his right mind would come here. Good luck with staffing Brad and company, you made your bed.

I have seen the QOL here degrade to the point that WE are becoming the new bottom feeders. I think that is the new business model.

Que the apologist career lifers telling me to quit today.

If all remains the same, I'm kicking my way out. Although, I can't say that I'm in love with any particular "Legacy".

I CHOSE ASA as a permanent home just in case things didn't pan out at a major/cargo airline.

I chose ASA over offers at CHQ and Mesa despite those places offering quicker upgrades. I thought it was wiser to work for Comair/Expressjet/ASA than to chase the quick upgrade for QOL, sanity and many other reasons.

Looks like I chose poorly. The current management has driven this company so far into the ground that I don't think it will exist in a few years. No newly minted pilot in his right mind would come here. Good luck with staffing Brad and company, you made your bed.

I have seen the QOL here degrade to the point that WE are becoming the new bottom feeders. I think that is the new business model.

You should quit today! :rolleyes:

Are you exaggerating? If no newly minted pilot in their right mind would come here where would they? Only better option would be to go straight to the Legacies....

Are you exaggerating? If no newly minted pilot in their right mind would come here where would they? Only better option would be to go straight to the Legacies....

You've got some serious tunnel vision... The airlines aren't the end-all be-all of pilot jobs.. And being an rj pilot doesn't make you that important. Sorry to break it to you.

The current management has driven this company so far into the ground that I don't think it will exist in a few years. No newly minted pilot in his right mind would come here. Good luck with staffing Brad and company, you made your bed.
I feel your frustration about the way things have been run around here, mainly poor/risky staffing decisions. But I think you're being a little melodramatic in saying we're doomed. The airline could easily be turned around in about 6 months, with proper hiring and a reworked contract. We could easily go back to the optimism that existed a couple of years ago. A doom-and-gloom attitude always seems to exist around contract negotiations; just hang in there.

I feel your frustration about the way things have been run around here, mainly poor/risky staffing decisions. But I think you're being a little melodramatic in saying we're doomed. The airline could easily be turned around in about 6 months, with proper hiring and a reworked contract. We could easily go back to the optimism that existed a couple of years ago. A doom-and-gloom attitude always seems to exist around contract negotiations; just hang in there.

I see your point and have heard others saying this. While the doom and gloom you mention is typically associated with negotiations, this is unfortunately not a correct assessment in this case. Our backslide and trending toward extremely poor performance and QOL predated the contract negotiations by quite some time.

So long as the check does not bounce and it is the correct amount, I could really care less what they call it. Call it "Peach Air" and we can have the peach logo that looked like a "bum" on the tail.

Latest resources

Back