• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Name and Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, I'm wearing boots in the winter. Pick your battles.

Why do you care about asa my buddy at express said you and your boots are headed to united/cal on the good ol' boy network. alpa takin it back for some.....

We'll all move on one of these days, hopefully. Most of us have connections or know people at majors, none of them guarantee anything. ASA/XJT is my bread and butter currently..... I do care how things go around here for myself and all my friends at both XJT & ASA.

Thanks for the kind words :rolleyes:

just hire new ones out of school. There is as much chance that a mechanic would stay at a regional as there is a pilot when a mainline position is offered.

Spoken like somebody that has no clue about A&P's.

That's almost as asinine as saying "why don't you just hire pilots right out of flight school at DAL"?

And nope, I'm NOT equating a pilot to a mechanic. But to think a guy coming right out of his A&P training is ready to turn wrenches right away is ignorant. Because just like a lot of jobs, the gap between theoretical/academic and practical application is pretty big.

We will become the airline formerly known as Atlantic Southeast.

Call sign: Purple Rain

I normally never respond to any of the boards I read. But this one needs a response. I am a former Delta and AA, line maintenance A&P with IA and avionics tech form DFW (14yr Delta and 5yrs AA) and now an XJT /FO with five plus years. With my thirty years of aviation experience (started in 1978). It takes years of experience to be competent as both a pilot and mechanic. All aspects of the operation relate to experience as proven by operations where ever we all go. This industry has turned to ******************** due to greed and the lowest bitter. I have seen this industry decline at a rapped pace, all for greed by both management and employee groups.
For this all to change, the blinders by most employees need to come off and those that have unions need to get involved. The bean counters have taken control. It’s time to take control back.

Latest resources

Back