New ASA Name and Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NotTooBad

I figured out what we will new called....... MESA!

They have ran this place so far into the ground over the past two years Mesa would be insulted to be associated with us.

ASA's management sucks. They have consistently screwed us at every given opportunity.

And good luck covering all that open time.... you can't junior man a pilot with minimum days off.

I am truly concerned for our future.

Our MGMT types truly seem to be stupid.....................or dense.

Mesa sucks, but Ornstein is savvy and shrewd. Mesa will survive........always. Holt is plain stupid and in over his head.

Calm yourselves. ASA is far from panic mode. As rough as our performance has been lately we are still among the top for CF and have exceeded all of our contractural requirements. Relax. Go have a beer or something

Completion factor??? AYSM! Running a flight hours late may keep the CF up but doesn't say a lot about our performance now does it? Our performance and reliability just plain sucks. And it reflects on our management. They're aware of the problems but just choose to do nothing. Pitiful.

Completion factor??? AYSM! Running a flight hours late may keep the CF up but doesn't say a lot about our performance now does it? Our performance and reliability just plain sucks. And it reflects on our management. They're aware of the problems but just choose to do nothing. Pitiful.

There's not much they can do about it. The 200 was NEVER built to do the cycles that its doing right now. Planes are breaking and they will continue to break. Maintainence issues just compound the problem.

As far as crew shortages bunch of new Captains finishing IOE. Help is on the way

They're aware of the problems but just choose to do nothing. Pitiful.

Let's see...management is:
1. hiring mechanics
2. bringing in contract Bombardier techs
3. bringing in Delta contract mechanics (former ASA mechs who got hired at DAL)

So no, that's not really 'doing nothing'.

They lost 50 mechanics to Delta in ATL this quarter. That's 25% of a shift!

Do you have any solutions to propose?

Uh, yeah. How about not making mechanics want to run away from this place.

OK, so...raise the bar so high that ASA is as good a place to work as Delta and there's no reason to seek employment elsewhere.

Good!

I wonder how much that would cost?

OK, so...raise the bar so high that ASA is as good a place to work as Delta and there's no reason to seek employment elsewhere.

Good!

I wonder how much that would cost?

I wonder how much it costs to lose 50+ mechanics every couple/few months.

Latest resources

Back