• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Name and Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. We unfortunately work for the typical all American company where money trumps everything else, especially loyalty.

This new greed is evil and uncaring. Stockholders and bonuses are the only consideration. Employees are simply a line item on a balance sheet.

I'm getting out as soon as I can. And thanks, I won't let the door hit me in the a$$

Last edited:
I normally never respond to any of the boards I read. But this one needs a response. I am a former Delta and AA, line maintenance A&P with IA and avionics tech form DFW (14yr Delta and 5yrs AA) and now an XJT /FO with five plus years. With my thirty years of aviation experience (started in 1978). It takes years of experience to be competent as both a pilot and mechanic. All aspects of the operation relate to experience as proven by operations where ever we all go. This industry has turned to ******************** due to greed and the lowest bitter. I have seen this industry decline at a rapped pace, all for greed by both management and employee groups.
For this all to change, the blinders by most employees need to come off and those that have unions need to get involved. The bean counters have taken control. It’s time to take control back.

Take control back? From whom? The changes have been brought by deregulation and the free market. So tell me, Stalin, what do you suggest?

Back in "the day" there were also fewer pilots, fewer people flying, etc. If you get your wish, we may all be out of jobs, but the jobs remaining are wonderful.

As has been said 1,000,000 times on here, be careful what you wish for.

Completion factor??? AYSM! Running a flight hours late may keep the CF up but doesn't say a lot about our performance now does it? Our performance and reliability just plain sucks. And it reflects on our management. They're aware of the problems but just choose to do nothing. Pitiful.

Very interesting. I have read that in a new effort for an "industry leading" CF, flights with insufficient staffing will be deferred to fall, when scheduled flight hours are reduced. ASA plans a 100% completion factor. It seems this is actually in the fine print of the contract of carriage.

"I'm sorry Sir, your flight has been delayed until October".

Lilah

Just an unscientific poll--- how many of you honestly plan on leaving vs. staying with ASA/ExpressJet for the full duration of your career as everything stands (scope scale/ flying model remain the same, etc). No judgement from me because everyone has their own situation. Just curious.

Latest resources

Back