• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ABX Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They don't need to care if it's late or just doesn't get there. They are credited with a 99% performance bonus irregardless. They have a bye for all their delays, weather or mechanicals. That is the only way it could tally up close to 99%. Their own fooks have bragged about it on my jumpseats.

Sorry about that...(folks not fooks).

There is a car in the DHL admin lot you guys may walk by while going to the sims that has a KY plate (gee, wonder who that could be) that is custom to read L8FR8. Proud of that is he/she?

Wow. Guess no one from ABX would ever think/consider living in Kentucky.

Whatever.

They don't need to care if it's late or just doesn't get there. They are credited with a 99% performance bonus irregardless. They have a bye for all their delays, weather or mechanicals. That is the only way it could tally up close to 99%. Their own fooks have bragged about it on my jumpseats.

This is just yet another "Myth" perpetuated by ABX.

BTW, DHL uses the same criteria for both ABX and Astar in determining performance.

First of all "irregardless" isn't a word. Second, yall on the ABX side are 100% correct. Our actual on time performance is about 50%. But we just make up that crap about 99% and DHL totally buys it so they can pay us a monetary performance bonus every year. Just ask Joe Hete. He'll tell ya the truth. We suck. Heck the fact is none of our pilots are even ATP's. That's right, we're just a bunch of guys with Sport Pilot certificates. That's why we don't have CATII. That's alright though. I heard we're gettin ready to start welding shut our cargo doors and and getting CATII certification so we can compete.....that is if any of us can ever pass a checkride.....(pssst...the FAA has never required any of us ever actally do initial or recurrent either. They just throw us the keys and say "Have at it boys!" Sweet deal ain't it?)

Jeeze Louise

Oh yeah, almost forgot. That 400 Mill DOD contract we just got......NOT TRUE. Absolutely bogus! Like the moon landing and rasslin'!

Last edited:
does Astar count crew delays against their performance?

First of all "irregardless" isn't a word. Second, yall on the ABX side ...etc

Middle bit.... and then.....

..... is none of our pilots are even ATP's....etc

A very informative post Mr. Apocalypse which certainly confirms the suspicions long harbored on this side of the cornfield.

Since the language police are on the scene - yall is a contraction. As such it needs an apostrophe whereas ATP's as a plural but not being possessive doesn't. Tricky stuff this language thing. Sometimes the apostrophe even comes after the s should it be both plural and possessive. Double tricky then - like a Cat II landing in ATL.

On a lighter conversational note. I do hope your alpo cult meeting in the park goes well today. Cake and ice cream all round I'll bet served by the Grand Wizard himself with each child receiving a free commemorative stain-resistant copy of the lawsuit along with a big alpo balloon saying "it's my freight". Actually, it isn't - but you can pretend it is if it makes you happy.

Do you have a secret handshake for these occasions of high ceremony or am I confusing you with the girl scouts? Alpo cookies - could be a serious fund raiser to bolster ailing coffers.

Last edited:
Middle bit.... and then.....

A very informative post Mr. Apocalypse which certainly confirms the suspicions long harbored on this side of the cornfield.

Since the language police are on the scene - yall is a contraction. As such it needs an apostrophe whereas ATP's as a plural but not being possessive doesn't. Tricky stuff this language thing. Sometimes the apostrophe even comes after the s should it be both plural and possessive. Double tricky then - like a Cat II landing in ATL.

On a lighter conversational note. I do hope your alpo cult meeting in the park goes well today. Cake and ice cream all round I'll bet served by the Grand Wizard himself with each child receiving a free commemorative stain-resistant copy of the lawsuit along with a big alpo balloon saying "it's my freight". Actually, it isn't - but you can pretend it is if it makes you happy.

Do you have a secret handshake for these occasions of high ceremony or am I confusing you with the girl scouts? Alpo cookies - could be a serious fund raiser to bolster ailing coffers.

Before your last post, I thought your greatness was simply limited to aviation skill and knowledge, but after that clinic, I must look away. I must avert my eyes, for the glory of your ABX, CAT II, 767, "better than AStar performance", has shamed me into perfect and complete shame. I sir, bow in humble deference to to your greatness. I cower in the shadow of your glowing superiority.

I started this post to talk about the shortfalls in our new contract. Unfortunately it has turned into a debate about whos got a bigger...well whatever.

Good luck in your strike, Astar, unfortunately you guys won't have the stones to take it that far, especially when your management assures you that you (astar) have no freight and anyone in the world could fly it and it not be struck freight. You (Astar) don't have any legal finding to make DHL do anything, You don't have a "no furlough" clause, your contract is for ******************** and it's gonna get worse. Re-fleet is on the way, so is CAT II, so are all those shiny new 737-7's that were bandied about a while back.

You guys strike and I'll make left seat in 2 years...

Latest resources

Back