New ABX Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"You guys strike and I'll make left seat in 2 years..."

Ahhh the cream always rises to the top doesn't it?

I think we're done here.

Seriously, regardless of who hauls it, DHL had better get their stuff together. I talked with someone who deals with a major DHL customer. At a meeting last week, this company was reviewing customer complaints. The number one complaint was that DHL sucked and that this company should stop using them. Many customers have already started specifying that they not ship DHL to them. Maybe we should all point the big finger at both of our bosses, not each other.

"You guys strike and I'll make left seat in 2 years..."

Ahhh the cream always rises to the top doesn't it?

I think we're done here.

Just making a point, you guys don't really have any leg to stand on, even if you think you do. DHL owns 50%, huh, what's 150 million to them?

Just making a point, you guys don't really have any leg to stand on, even if you think you do. DHL owns 50%, huh, what's 150 million to them?

Actually the same applies for ABX. You guys have no freight, no scope, hardly any industry standard airplanes, etc, etc, etc.......

Good luck with your contract. From what is being told, it looks more concessionary everyday. And if you vote it down, you too will soon be facing the same fate as the Astar crews.

How does DHL's ownership of us have anything to do with this? When are you ABX Reamsters gonna get off the "picket" fence?

Last edited:
Oh yeah, almost forgot. That 400 Mill DOD contract we just got......NOT TRUE. Absolutely bogus! Like the moon landing and rasslin'!

I had read that on "that other board", it's only a $2,500 contract that is part of a $400 million DoD contract. I bet you Dasburg wishes he had a $400 million contract though. who would'nt!

No sense in leaving all that info over there, so here it is if you did not know where I was referring to earlier.

I think the bizjournal has the story wrong. The whole DOD contract is worth $440 million, astar is just one of nine who got a piece of that.

http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts...ontractid=3599

UNITED STATES TRANSPORTATION COMMAND
ASTAR Air Cargo, Inc., of Wilmington, Ohio, is being awarded one of nine multiple awards of an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, fixed-price contract with a total maximum value of $400,000,000 (base year plus three one-year options). The contract award value is $2,500.00. The contractor is to perform international express delivery of packages and letters weighing 300 lbs or less. Work will be performed internationally. The performance period is from 1 October 2007 to 30 September 2011. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured and nine offers were received. The United States Transportation Command Directorate of Acquisition, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC711-08-D-0001).
user_offline.gif

Here are 4 more with another 4 waiting to be published-

Air Transportation International, of Little Rock, Ark., is being awarded one of nine multiple awards of an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, fixed-price contract with a total maximum value of $400,000,000.00 (base year plus three one-year options). The contract award value is $2,500.00. The contractor is to perform international express delivery of packages and letters weighing 300 lbs or less. Work will be performed internationally. The performance period is from 1 October 2007 to 30 September 2011. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured and nine offers were received. The United States Transportation Command Directorate of Acquisition, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC711-08-D-0002).
Continental Airlines, Inc., of Houston, Texas, is being awarded one of nine multiple awards of an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, fixed-price contract with a total maximum value of $400,000,000.00 (base year plus three one-year options). The contract award value is $2,500.00. The contractor is to perform international express delivery of packages weighing 151 to 300 lbs. Work will be performed internationally. The performance period is from 1 October 2007 to 30 September 2011. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured and nine offers were received. The United States Transportation Command Directorate of Acquisition, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC711-08-D-0003).
Federal Express Corporation, of Washington, D.C., is being awarded one of nine multiple awards of an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, fixed-price contract with a total maximum value of $400,000,000.00 (base year plus three one-year options). The contract award value is $2,500.00. The contractor is to perform international express delivery of packages and letters weighing 300 lbs or less. Work will be performed internationally. The performance period is from 1 October 2007 to 30 September 2011. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured and nine offers were received. The United States Transportation Command Directorate of Acquisition, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC711-08-D-0009).
Miami Air International, of Miami, Fla., is being awarded one of nine multiple awards of an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity, fixed-price contract with a total maximum value of $400,000,000.00 (base year plus three one-year options). The contract award value is $2,500.00. The contractor is to perform international express delivery of packages weighing 151 to 300 lbs. Work will be performed internationally. The performance period is from 1 October 2007 to 30 September 2011. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured and nine offers were received. The United States Transportation Command Directorate of Acquisition, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity (HTC711-08-D-0004).

http://www.defenselink.mil/contracts/contract.aspx?contractid=3602
user_offline.gif

HEY EVERYBODY! WE LANDED ON THE MOON!- Jim Carey, Dumb and Dumber

:D could'nt resist

Last edited:
Hey Astar????????????

Hey Astar, I just read the WNJ press on your picket. Was that the same rat Delta used in ATL?

At end of the article, your VP says that the mediator has informed both sides that you are not at an impasse based on both proposals so you will not get released. Is that true or just what management heard? And if true, why all the chest thumping when your management knows its never going to happen? Why all the harsh threat type words to all the "other carriers to be put on notice"? Something about all this smells funny.

Hey Astar, I just read the WNJ press on your picket. Was that the same rat Delta used in ATL?

At end of the article, your VP says that the mediator has informed both sides that you are not at an impasse based on both proposals so you will not get released. Is that true or just what management heard? And if true, why all the chest thumping when your management knows its never going to happen? Why all the harsh threat type words to all the "other carriers to be put on notice"? Something about all this smells funny.

First of all, why do you even care? You have articulated your distaste of Astar and it's pilot group time and time again. Now ABX pilots on this forum are already anticipating potential upgrades if we strike.

Guess what? Management lies. Now, we all know that ABX management has never told your pilot group a lie, and you can take every word from them to the bank.

As far as the impasse, Astar has already requested it in previous meetings. The next round of negotiations will tell the tale.

As previously stated, ABX pilot group is not far away from being in the same situation. That is unless you guys are willing to accept a concessionary contract.

We are not, and we're willing to prove it. How about you?

First of all, why do you even care? You have articulated your distaste of Astar and it's pilot group time and time again. Now ABX pilots on this forum are already anticipating potential upgrades if we strike.

No, I have expressed my distaste for your management group time and again, but have always said it does not extend to the workers. I think the upgrade remarks are in response to the threats they received by you group. I have also said in the past that I would welcome both work groups to work together and by that I do NOT mean a merger to work under your executive team.

Guess what? Management lies. Now, we all know that ABX management has never told your pilot group a lie, and you can take every word from them to the bank.

I know they do, that’s why I asked if it was “their” version or fact.

As far as the impasse, Astar has already requested it in previous meetings. The next round of negotiations will tell the tale.

agreed

As previously stated, ABX pilot group is not far away from being in the same situation. That is unless you guys are willing to accept a concessionary contract.

We are not, and we're willing to prove it. How about you?

Look, back in my wilder days I knew there were two types of people in a fight: those that jump up and down on tables and scream to the top of their lungs “I’m gonna do this, I’m gonna do that” just to get people to look who would pull the parties apart or call the cops. Then there are those who go “pssst, lets step out back and settle this thing”.

See where I’m coming from?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back