• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ABX Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And rotor&wing, I know I'm an arse-hole with an opinion, you're just an @$$. Its guys like you that get the strong reaction against your whole group. I hope that allows you to have a nice day. :) bye bye

Well shooty, the same can be said about you. Thankfully you are a very minor opinion in relation to the ABX pilots as a whole. I must say the ABX pilots I have been in contact with are a very professional and level headed bunch.

Just keep believing in your myths.

And have a really great day! :)

The shipper/customer always has the right to ship on whomever they wish. DHL may put try and put their freight on their competition. Most likely a FedEx guy isn't gonna know if there's a DHL box burried in an A container. But I don't think you'll see FedEx, or Kitty Hawk or Capital or any other ALPA flying into or out of ILN with DHL freight...soooo, that's not really our concern. However a 767 suddenly flying to Boston might draw some attention. We don't expect yall to honor any nore than what 1224 leadership and Hoffa tell you to.....that's what's gonna be interesting.

Gee, while you may not want to take our jobs, seems to me WE used to have 2 or 3 flights per day to Boston, now we don't. Who is taking what here?

+1 :beer:

I would MUCH rather have the backing of 1.4 MILLION Teamsters in my corner.

Some quick facts from teamster.org

Teamsters Union Founded: 1903
Total Number of Teamsters: 1.4 million

The largest single employer of Teamsters members is United Parcel Service, which employs more than 200,000 Teamsters members.

The best-known Teamsters work in the freight industry. More than 120,000 Teamsters are covered by multiple employers under the National Master Freight Agreement.

The Teamsters represent 1.4 million working men and women in virtually every occupation throughout the United States and Canada. Teamsters operate computers; protect families as law enforcement officers; work as technical employees in both the public and private sectors; care for patients in hospitals and nursing homes, work as public defenders; assist customers at car rental agencies; work at leading hotels; work in schools as both principals and custodians; repair highway bridges and collect tolls on thruways and turnpikes; process, store and deliver food products; and transport automobiles, trucks, SUVs and other vehicles.

Two-thirds of Teamsters members work in one of five divisions: Warehouse, Parcel, Freight, Public Employees and Industrial Trades. The Public Employees sector is the union's fastest-growing division.

Teamsters members are also spread out geographically. The largest concentrations of Teamsters are in the regions in the Central and Eastern states.

Awesome! Millions!

Gee, while you may not want to take our jobs, seems to me WE used to have 2 or 3 flights per day to Boston, now we don't. Who is taking what here?

If you don't understand the HUGE difference, then I ain't got time to splain' it to ya.

Heck yall don't worry. If we (AStar, the pilots, the management, all of us) are so unbelievably incompetent, I'm sure we won't exsist pretty soon and yall will have your airport back to yourself.

If you don't understand the HUGE difference, then I ain't got time to splain' it to ya.

Heck yall don't worry. If we (AStar, the pilots, the management, all of us) are so unbelievably incompetent, I'm sure we won't exsist pretty soon and yall will have your airport back to yourself.

The HUGE difference may be the sign with the word scab and the teamster logo together, and you say you want our support. Strange way of asking for it. But FWIW no arguement about the incompetent comment.

After reading these posts- the Company management from both companies involved are probally creaming in their shorts!!! Just what they want to accomplish (Divide & Destoy) Wish you all would stop making their job easier and get smart real quick, and realize we work together or probally won't work at all. Just my 2 cents.

Well shooty, the same can be said about you. Thankfully you are a very minor opinion in relation to the ABX pilots as a whole. I must say the ABX pilots I have been in contact with are a very professional and level headed bunch.

Just keep believing in your myths.

And have a really great day! :)

look rotor, your approach to the ABX pilot group can be described as very hostile. The threats from your union are heard from more than just the ABX union. I have had loadmasters come up to me and ask why the Astar pilots are being so hateful to ABX. Where are they getting that? So while I understand your frustration with your management and even DHL, you seem to be taking it out on ABX. And I think the level-headed Astar pilots are asking for ABX support and the hateful individuals such as yourself are cutting them off at the knees.

Just as you should not bring home problems to work and work problems home, you should not threaten those whom you wish support from if your anger is for another. Or sue them.

Calm heads prevail, and I think ABX has been very calm about what they have had thrown at them the past 4 years. Just a bit of advice you can take or leave. If you want to try and bust my balls go ahead. I can take what I dish out. :D

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back