New ABX Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABXbooger

I have been hearing talk that the contract is nearing completion, but I have also heard that there are a lot of "concession" type things being offered up (R1 changes, etc.) Anybody hear anything they want to share/and/or comments?

I have been hearing talk that the contract is nearing completion, but I have also heard that there are a lot of "concession" type things being offered up (R1 changes, etc.) Anybody hear anything they want to share/and/or comments?

Well, after all the speeches about "no concessions" from the ABX side, I hope that's not so. Here we are taking a strike vote trying to hold the bar. Pitiful, if true.

It has been strongly rumored that the previous misguided union leadership ( the one with alleged pants' trouble ) has perhaps signed off on some less than desirable terms which will, under the guise of negotiating in good faith, by default become part of any TA offered for ratification.

Voting 'No' to any TA with concessions and starting again with a clean slate unhindered by prior agreements is the only way forward. There is no hurry to get this sorted out as the status quo, for several reasons, hurts Joe much more than it hurts us.

Last edited:
Apparently, the company wanted to changed a previously TA'd article. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Why bother wasting time spliting hairs over COLA plus 1% versus plus .5% . . .they are both $hit. So if the company doesn't get moving in earnest in the next week, we should take all of their last offers . . .and put it to a vote. There are plenty of other turds in the TA's sections that are worthy of a NO vote...the pay makes it a no brainer. I don't expect UPS or FDX money, but a 30% discount to it isn't going to fly either.

Apparently, the company wanted to changed a previously TA'd article. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Why bother wasting time spliting hairs over COLA plus 1% versus plus .5% . . .they are both $hit. So if the company doesn't get moving in earnest in the next week, we should take all of their last offers . . .and put it to a vote. There are plenty of other turds in the TA's sections that are worthy of a NO vote...the pay makes it a no brainer. I don't expect UPS or FDX money, but a 30% discount to it isn't going to fly either.

That's our view too, GoABX. It's time to call their bluff on both sides of the field.

Last edited:
HvyDriver,

If you guys REALLY want our support, your MEC needs to get on the phone to our Eboard and apologize for that Bull$hit hotline message of last week (if you don't think we were pissed; listen to our hotline this week) and step 2 the lawsuit needs to dropped ASAP. The lawsuit is a non-starter anyway so you guys aren't giving anything up (it all started a land grab by ALPA DC, your MEC was sold a bill of goods from the git-go).

But even those of you that are passionate about the merit of the suit can surely see the irony of asking those whom you are suing for support?

(Please don't insult my intelligence by spewing the same crap your Chairman did about forcing a merger. I look at the language of the suit, which says that the ABX flying is ours, it doesn't say anything about a merger. Plus, how exactly does a merger directly benefit the Astar pilots? It doesn't.)

The Astar pilots can still get our support but you guys have a Fukking weird way of asking for it.

HvyDriver,

If you guys REALLY want our support, your MEC needs to get on the phone to our Eboard and apologize for that Bull$hit hotline message of last week (if you don't think we were pissed; listen to our hotline this week) and step 2 the lawsuit needs to dropped ASAP. The lawsuit is a non-starter anyway so you guys aren't giving anything up (it all started a land grab by ALPA DC, your MEC was sold a bill of goods from the git-go).

But even those of you that are passionate about the merit of the suit can surely see the irony of asking those whom you are suing for support?

(Please don't insult my intelligence by spewing the same crap your Chairman did about forcing a merger. I look at the language of the suit, which says that the ABX flying is ours, it doesn't say anything about a merger. Plus, how exactly does a merger directly benefit the Astar pilots? It doesn't.)

The Astar pilots can still get our support but you guys have a Fukking weird way of asking for it.

Amen, in spades. Otherwise, they can go take a long walk on a short pier!!!

Amen, in spades. Otherwise, they can go take a long walk on a short pier!!!

Whatever. ALPA National won't let go of that suit, because if they let it stand, then it will defeat scope language in any and all ALPA agreements. You can thank Joe's attorneys for that. To beat a dead horse, check the dates. It was filed prior to DHL's purchase of ABE. Remember though, no concessionary contracts!

HvyDriver,

If you guys REALLY want our support, your MEC needs to get on the phone to our Eboard and apologize for that Bull$hit hotline message of last week (if you don't think we were pissed; listen to our hotline this week)

That was a standard "going to war" hotline that is generated whenever an ALPA carrier is getting ready to go on strike. Your local was never mentioned directly. Remember that there are several carriers out there besides ABX and Astar that could be used to patch together a small recovery of the network. I listened to Ross' hotline. Sounded like it hit close to home to me. As to the rest, I responded to that on eric's post.

Whatever. ALPA National won't let go of that suit, because if they let it stand, then it will defeat scope language in any and all ALPA agreements.

Whatever. I'm not inclined to become a sacrificial lamb for the late great ALPOs posturing. The strategy of pissing off the one carrier best able to further your cause has to be of dubious merit and I think that perhaps ALPO national is twisting your tail. After all, from their perspective, it's not a FedEx / Legacy carrier going into the meat grinder - only a disposable Emery type outfit.

Nice if we can be friends and work together for a common goal, too bad if we can't. Lift is everything and speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back