• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I apologize, to those that care, for being rude and insulting. My frustration got the better of me. I try to be an upbeat person and prefer to see the positives that happen here. Every advancement, whether it is an A/C delivery, training program, or new toy for the airplanes, makes life better and easier for all of us in some way. Every new person hired as a result means more job security and stability. Every net A/C delivery means more bidding potential and security. Every new training program means a safer and more streamlined experience, ultimately easier and better. All new toys for the A/C means less work for us and a safer, better operation.:pimp:
Way to backpedal after all the hype and build-up. :rolleyes:

The new training complex.
CMH with 25 sim bays, auditorium style lecture halls, multiple large and small class rooms some with stadium seating, cafeteria/restaurant eating areas, and more classroom and office space than we will need for the next 20 years. All wired for sound lights and computers adjacent to the existing company parking lot. Ultimately several new buildings. Construction will take 2 and 1/2 years. Making everyones lives easier and better to do training in.

Aircraft orders: not sure how many or how soon but was told it will be another major deal. I can only assume it is with Gulfstream they weren't specific. Talked to a friend there but he is neither confirming or denying anything. They have bought out hotels for VIPs and set up a PR thing in one of the big hangars so I assume it is this week. More planes more movement, making everyones lives better.

New interiors for all types: including DVD screens and players for smaller a/c with new layouts and storage areas for others. Total revamp for some. Not sure about the colors. Making my life better while eating my crew meal waiting for Mr. Smith.

Alternating train/check cycles (STEP or an equivalent) for captains: which means one six month check a year will now be a nonjeoperdy training event instead of a stressful checkride. Improves safety and makes everyone's life easier and better.

EFB for newer and hopefully all A/C. No more jepp revisions or at least very few for the back ups.

The rest is a bunch of new, neat, very nice to have programs that will be implemented hopefully sooner than later. Making everyone's lives easier and better.

By themselves, very nice but not earth shattering. All together I think this is a very big deal. On top of all that, new union to take care of just us pilots.

Can anyone say luck of the Irish?:D

Discuss...

Sounds good, realllllllllly good...I hope this all comes to fruition, and isn't just boasting.

I am not bashing anything that has been posted, far from it, it has put a little excitement in my day....but you gotta call me Missouri, the "Show me" state.
When the official words of these gargantuan expansions come out, I'll party like its 1999, and CD drinks for free.

Till then,

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

so when are they updating the "crew lounge" in cmh? What a dump that is. Even the old first aviation was nicer then the cmh janitor..er... pilot lounge.. (not to rag on janitors, but it was a flippin dump)

Here's my big announcement.....Boston does not win the world series, but in related news Hi Speed "goes around mon!!!!"

I know everybody does it and I am sure each city was in a competition and upping the ante to land the deal, but is it really the role of government to buy jobs, especially under duress? Sure the loss of NJ to the city of CMH would be significant but companies negotiate for tax incentives as agressivley as they do for a roll of toilet paper. I think it is sad that the citizens of Columbus have to pony up the estimated 100 million in estimated benfits just to keep a company in it's locale. I can't blame NJ for working the system, but isn't the system broke? Sports teams play this game all the time. They threaten to go to a city that doesn't have a team and willing to pay for one unless the team gets a new stadium. That 100 million has to come from somewhere. What's the payback? How many years? How many people actually benefit? Warren Buffet runs around complaining that his taxes are too low yet he allows one of his companies to take tax incentives from the citizens of Columbus.

My shields are up. Fire away.

After all, how'd you guys like to be dealing with the FLOPS that are dragging down the Options pilots.....:eek: :mad: You know they'd trade management in a heartbeat!

Ah, NJW, I have dealt with that already. Remember?!? That is why I am a "when I see it I will believe it" type of guy.

Good food, good beer, quite room, good TV and internet, comfortable bed, and NON feather pillows. That is all I ask, along with quality pay.
I am not asking to much am I???

Did I mention NON feather pillows. Who likes those things anyways??!!??

Here's my big announcement.....Boston does not win the world series, but in related news Hi Speed "goes around mon!!!!"

"GO AROUND MON!!!! " I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.

BTodd, Page me tomorrow.... interesting events unfolding over this way too.

ARRRRRRRRRRR MATEY!

I know everybody does it and I am sure each city was in a competition and upping the ante to land the deal, but is it really the role of government to buy jobs, especially under duress? Sure the loss of NJ to the city of CMH would be significant but companies negotiate for tax incentives as agressivley as they do for a roll of toilet paper. I think it is sad that the citizens of Columbus have to pony up the estimated 100 million in estimated benfits just to keep a company in it's locale. I can't blame NJ for working the system, but isn't the system broke? Sports teams play this game all the time. They threaten to go to a city that doesn't have a team and willing to pay for one unless the team gets a new stadium. That 100 million has to come from somewhere. What's the payback? How many years? How many people actually benefit? Warren Buffet runs around complaining that his taxes are too low yet he allows one of his companies to take tax incentives from the citizens of Columbus.

My shields are up. Fire away.

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:
All legitimate questions, Sparse...

Latest resources

Back