• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Working on CASS Approval?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does that make us any different than competing 121 carriers?

It could be argued that pilots from more profitable airline X are taking passengers (and food off the table) from less profitable airline Y. The fractionals are just another form of competition.

Now, reciprocity is another issue...

It doesn't make us any different. I wasn't arguing that we don't have a right to exist. Just pointing out that while we do spend quite a bit on airline tickets, airline guys don't see it as a boone to their sales.

We spend a lot, but take a lot more.

Anyway,

That's why (some of) those airline guys don't like us very much. We're taking food off the table.

Honestly, I hear very few airline guys say anything negative about the frac pilots. It's only when a small minority of your guys start acting holier-than-thou and telling us that we should be wiping down lavs and throwing bags to make their flight leave on time that we get pissed off.

That's why (some of) those airline guys don't like us very much. We're taking food off the table.

You mean we are taking peanuts and pretzels off their fold down tables. Oh..and the drink you pay for.

The people we move will always find a way to avoid the airlines.

telling us that we should be wiping down lavs and throwing bags to make their flight leave on time that we get pissed off.

I would be pissed to if someone had to come and tell me to do the job that should already be done.

I left the airlines specifically due to the declining state of affairs at the 121 carriers. The airplanes are getting dirtier..and no one seems to care. The flights are more delayed..and no one seems to care. The level of customer service is getting worse...and no one seems to care. The response now from a lot of airlines folks...you get what you pay for.

I really did not want to be part of that any longer. It was getting to the point of being embarrassed to tell people I flew for the airlines. When I did, I always got blasted with complaints and questions.

If it is me or another passenger, if a ticket was purchased..we have a contract. If you cannot keep up your end of the bargain, then maybe we should start getting money back for late flights, lost bags, dirty airplanes....ect.

Case in point. :rolleyes:

They do their job to their standards and we do our job to our standards. We are not going to change a thing by telling somebody my way of doing things is better than yours. So why don't we let this die.

Case in point. :rolleyes:

You make a great case for why people...not just frac pilots... complain. Ignore the problems and they are not there. And you guys wonder why...

When I fly, I fly as a passenger, no different than anyone else in the back. I do not ask for anymore than what my purchased ticket affords me. Your problem is, that if a NJA pilot complains about something, then it must be because he is a NJA pilot...not a paying customer who chances are, has paid more that ticket than probably most people on that airplane.

In the future, I would recommend looking past what the person might or might not be wearing when they get on your flight. That person has bought or was bought a ticket on your airline and you OWE that person a certain level of service. If you cannot provide that service in a safe and timely manner, than you should not be in the business of moving people. Show me where I am wrong.

They do their job to their standards and we do our job to our standards. We are not going to change a thing by telling somebody my way of doing things is better than yours. So why don't we let this die.

I am not saying our way of doing things is better...it clearly is, but it comes at HUGE premium and it would be like comparing apples and oranges.

But to call out a dude because of "your guys" for complaining is typical. Shoot the messenger...and burn the message.

We are passengers...and we have every right to complain about substandard service. If PASSENGERS did not complain, then even less would get done.

This guy clearly cannot differentiate between a paying passenger and someone who happens to be wearing a crew uniform. It is like we do not have a right to complain.

What I am trying to say is they don't understand. I didn't understand until I worked here. I would bet you didn't understand until you worked here. Service is missing at the airlines and they don't see it because they have not been shown a first class service operation. As long as the airlines try to be the biggest instead of saying, I want to be the best, then the service we see now is what we will get. It doesn't matter how much we complain. To them we will always be another pilot in uniform that should be great full to get a ride.

Someday an airline might get smart and try and sign an exclusive deal with NetJets. It would be kind of like Hilton. The company would look to that airline to book tickets on. 3,000 one way last minute tickets every week. That would make somebody a lot of money.

In the future, I would recommend looking past what the person might or might not be wearing when they get on your flight. That person has bought or was bought a ticket on your airline and you OWE that person a certain level of service.

No, I don't owe them that level of service, the company I work for does. I am one cog in the machine. I do my job, and to the best of my ability. My job is not to wipe down lavs. My job is not to throw bags. If those things aren't getting done, don't bitch to me about it, bitch to the company I work for that isn't providing the service that you expect.

No, I don't owe them that level of service, the company I work for does. I am one cog in the machine. I do my job, and to the best of my ability. My job is not to wipe down lavs. My job is not to throw bags. If those things aren't getting done, don't bitch to me about it, bitch to the company I work for that isn't providing the service that you expect.

I cannot believe you actually wrote this let alone believe it to be even remotely true. Wow...you are really detached from reality but it is precisely this sort of attitude that is causing the utter failure of any sort of decent service.

YOU DO OWE THEM THAT LEVEL OF SERVICE. YOU ARE THE COMPANY!!! You openly admit that you are part of the machine..what if that part breaks? How does the rest of the machine work? You and your FA's ARE the face of the company and you bought into that when you got hired by Airtran. It is YOUR airplane that is dirty and I would be willing to bet somewhere in your AFM it talks about airplane cleanliness. When I was an airline guy, I wiped down lavs and threw bags. I did what it took to make sure people had a good experience or to get the flight out on time. I did not want MY COMPANY to look bad. I guess you don't care...but that is why the airlines are doing so poorly...I guess you are above menial labor.

Wow...I am still stunned you wrote that. Thanks for confirming a lot of things though.

Latest resources

Back