NetJets TA Reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
yeah it only a 55% raise compared to today's pay! Whats up with that?

Maybe you've forgotten that today's pay IS HORRIBLE... A 55% raise on top of chief grocery sacker wages (27K) isn't too much to write home about. I will say that the Capt. wages aren't too bad all things considered.

Please don't sit here and try to convince me that a 5th yr. Falcon 2000 F.O. making 47K is fair...???...

I was just hoping to finally see a pilot group not eat their young to pad the wallets of the senior guys. At least I wasn't disappointed.

CapnVegetto said:
FO pay should be at least 60% of captain pay. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

In this case I would argue for even more... The NJA F.O.'s have to pass type checks initially and maintain Capt. proficiency..

Last edited:
CapnVegetto said:
True, but it's the same thing at airlines, regionals, everything. I wonder how many FO's were on the negotiating committee? Senior captains run the show, so the FO's get hosed. Just like everwhere else. FO pay should be at least 60% of captain pay. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

With the new T/A, the F/O pay is 74% of what a first year CPT will make if my calculations are correct. $39k divided by $52.5k

I am unable to find much on other first year F/O's pay but it seems like, other than Delta, this is higher than the others I found.

I haven't heard of too many first year Delta F/O's lately...

Last edited:
1st year pay is good. But look at 5th year.....about 50%. How many people do you think are going to be first year captains? H25b is right.......it happens every time. Senior guys run the committees and pad their wallets at the expense of junior guys.

CapnVegetto said:
1st year pay is good. But look at 5th year.....about 50%. How many people do you think are going to be first year captains? H25b is right.......it happens every time. Senior guys run the committees and pad their wallets at the expense of junior guys.

the MEC and the negotiating committee are mostly junior guys. I think 2 FO's on the MEC.

Learning to Fly said:
With the new T/A, the F/O pay is 74% of what a first year CPT will make if my calculations are correct. $39k divided by $52.5k

I am unable to find much on other first year F/O's pay but it seems like, other than Delta, this is higher than the others I found.

I haven't heard of too many first year Delta F/O's lately...

Barely topping first yr. pay at Continental or Delta is hardly my idea of success ??? I say again, is a 5 yr. Falcon 2000 (Type Rated, mind you) F.O. making 47K you're idea of looking out for the F.O.'s ???

Last edited:
new hires are getting captain bids.

i know it wont last but still

h25b what is your pay?

Diesel said:
h25b what is your pay?

We operate light jets and start F.O.'s at 50K... If we had Falcons or Citation X's I can tell you it would be significantly more... I know Wal-Mart starts 31A f.o.'s at 43K and they get bumped up to 50K at their 1 yr. anniversary..

And you're right it won't last... So why in the world don't you negotiate based on that premise ???

gunfyter said:
the MEC and the negotiating committee are mostly junior guys. I think 2 FO's on the MEC.

So it wasn't malicious, it was just stupid... Thanks for clearing that up... I distinctly remember bringing this up a few months ago and was told this exact same line.

Last edited:
jezz... some people would complain if they were hung with a golden rope.... The details of the contract will come out monday morning and monday evening with a LARGE union meeting at CMH.

If the MEC and group endorse the new TA ( which they do) most likely it will pass. Not gaurenteed, but will most likely go the distance.

No word on RETRO PAY.... but we will see.

Latest resources

Back