• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets TA Reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I'm expecting to see the NJ pilots pass the new TA, I hope the numbers will be low. I don't want Management to get a standing ovation for a poor performance full of foot-dragging and deception. The FO pay is still not right--blue collar wages for a professional occupation, and the Retro pay is unfair, as well. I've said from my first posts here, that I believed if the pilots would all stand together and demand to be paid what they earned/deserved, that the company would have to "share the wealth". Comparing last year's TA with the one StrongUnion has negotiated, it is clear that that has happened. Yes there are still gaps, but likewise, there were also some gaps in the line....:( To the NJ pilots voting "yes", I understand that you want to concentrate on other things in your lives for awhile (but who needed 5 yrs?!) and to those voting "NO"----I see it the way you do. NJW

netjetwife said:
I've said from my first posts here, that I believed if the pilots would all stand together and demand to be paid what they earned/deserved, that the company would have to "share the wealth".

You don't seem to get it. There is no more "wealth." Maybe there used to be, but if you reference the contracts the Delta and United pilots signed just prior to 9/11, and see the impact they had on the profitability of their companies, you would steer your hubby toward a career in bartending.

miles otoole said:
You don't seem to get it. There is no more "wealth." Maybe there used to be, but if you reference the contracts the Delta and United pilots signed just prior to 9/11, and see the impact they had on the profitability of their companies, you would steer your hubby toward a career in bartending.

With all due respect, how do you or I know how much "wealth" is left at NetJets? Approximately a year ago, the union leadership and company said that there was no more money and the company's offer was their "last, best and final" offer. Fast forward to October, 2005 and there is a second "last, best, final" offer with the same "no more money" caveat that contains noticably more money than the first "last, best, final" offer.

Is there more money to be had? I don't know for sure, nor do I believe that you do either. If you do know for sure that there is no more money, please share that information - I think I know of about 2200 pilots who would be very interested.

Last edited:
miles otoole:

You don't seem to get it. There is no more "wealth."

Really? After the union walked away from the table in Sept, the company magically reached into the pot and fished out raises and more retro. I'll bet they could have done this several times.

Latest resources

Back