• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I should have said NJA has the potential to be a revolving door.

With 121 retirements accelerating there is more room for advancement as a whole. That should reduce the supply of FOs applying to NJA. Those that do will likely find themselves looking at a non-existent upgrade and bailing to other corporate operators, charter, other fracs or back to the airlines. If the only thing you have to look forward is more of the same with a little bigger paycheck (think 10 hour overnights, mid-tour airlines, 85 year old captains, useless union) you'll tend not to stick around long. NJA captains aren't going anywhere, but many FOs will.

... another type rating is going to tax both NJA and Flight Safety.

But we're already there every six months anyways. Why would it matter if it's new faces? I agree that retention is better than replacement but this management team couldn't care any less.

But we're already there every six months anyways. Why would it matter if it's new faces? I agree that retention is better than replacement but this management team couldn't care any less.

Probably for the same reason that the seat locks were implemented. More people going through initial at shorter intervals is more expensive and less productive than going to recurrent every six months.

dont get to excited. management at NJ has taken a once great place to work and has completely F'ed it all up.

its sad when you see this happen.

dont get to excited. management at NJ has taken a once great place to work and has completely F'ed it all up.

its sad when you see this happen.

Using this place to get current is all I wish for at this point. I'm sure most, if not all, feel the same way that have lost their currency thx to this joint. No loyalties what so ever to NJ and its management pukes that have killed this job.:mad:

How will management play the labor shortage?

My sense is that some here question whether or not there is a coming hiring boom, which is crazy! There is one coming and it is referenced in dozens of recent articles and backed up by demographic data. It's not worth debating, it's a fact.

When I was kicked to the curb I thought I was leaving one of the top five jobs in the business. The question is....is NJA still that calibar of a job? Easily 1000+ pilots will be moving into Delta, American, SWA, and United every year for the next 15 years. If Netjets isn't comparable to the majors the bottom half of the seniority list will eventually consist of only pilots whose resumes or personalities contain a major defect. Or time builders.

If management has turned this into a top twenty job than NJA has a problem. Pilots will chew up resources and be gone after a year or two. The cost and resources of initial types and company training will make the FO position much more expensive for the company. Turnover will challenge the culture and safety as well.

Ultimately management will decide what kind of job this will be. I believe they opened negotiations early in hopes of being done before the hiring boom begins. However, this next 18 months should make clear that labor is in the catbird seat.....finally.

Me, I am hoping I come back to the job I left. If it's no longer the job I loved my return will be short lived.

My sense is that some here question whether or not there is a coming hiring boom, which is crazy! There is one coming and it is referenced in dozens of recent articles and backed up by demographic data. It's not worth debating, it's a fact.

When I was kicked to the curb I thought I was leaving one of the top five jobs in the business. The question is....is NJA still that calibar of a job? Easily 1000+ pilots will be moving into Delta, American, SWA, and United every year for the next 15 years. If Netjets isn't comparable to the majors the bottom half of the seniority list will eventually consist of only pilots whose resumes or personalities contain a major defect. Or time builders.

If management has turned this into a top twenty job than NJA has a problem. Pilots will chew up resources and be gone after a year or two. The cost and resources of initial types and company training will make the FO position much more expensive for the company. Turnover will challenge the culture and safety as well.

Ultimately management will decide what kind of job this will be. I believe they opened negotiations early in hopes of being done before the hiring boom begins. However, this next 18 months should make clear that labor is in the catbird seat.....finally.

Me, I am hoping I come back to the job I left. If it's no longer the job I loved my return will be short lived.

All valid points.

Except for one thing. You assume Jordy cares. He doesn't.

Maybe it will get better. You are right in every detail. Even I, as the Pollyanna of the Airways, am looking elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back