• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt they will announce any firm numbers for recall. They will just recall as they believe they need. If the flood gates open wider and wider for those who are leaving, then the recalls will be more and faster, but they are currently into seeing how far the pilots will allow themselves to be pushed. If the masses stop flying broke airplanes and stop flying fatigued (the average is about 1 fatigue call per pilot per year), then the recall will really pick up.

Glad you didn't say extended days, we all know they don't help.

I doubt they will announce any firm numbers for recall. They will just recall as they believe they need. If the flood gates open wider and wider for those who are leaving, then the recalls will be more and faster, but they are currently into seeing how far the pilots will allow themselves to be pushed. If the masses stop flying broke airplanes and stop flying fatigued (the average is about 1 fatigue call per pilot per year), then the recall will really pick up.

We have "masses" flying broken airplanes???

Not enough fatigue calls

Jesus crist...........

Awesome news....

Too bad these great news won't stay great for long...I wonder how long before the nay-sayers chime in... No positive news stay positive with those guys around

"We're recalling because everybody is leaving"
" they're firing pilots for X reason so they have to recall"
" we're recalling due to an FAA mandate, but we're still shrinking"

Well, not trying to be a "naysayer", but your first quote above is EXACTLY the reason the company gave for the recalls when they made the announcement.

As to your second quote, I don't know if it's affecting the recall numbers, but they ARE firing pilots. Whether the firings are legitimate or part of an intimidation campaign is yet to be determined, but preliminary indications are it's the latter.

Haven't heard anything in regards to your third quote.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and congrats to the guys who will be coming back!
But ready yourselves, this is not the company, or union, that you were furloughed from (and not in a good way for either).
Good luck to you!!!

The company doesn't release much when it comes to terminations. The recent one (a few weeks ago) was due to some unethical stuff and not performance or attendance based. I can't and won't get into details, but if anyone here is privy you can just agree.

There may be some others in the pipeline, but from what I know it's those 1%ers that even the majority of you can't stand to be paired with. These are the ones who get cornered in a parking lot by a group of peers telling him knock his crap off and yet continues the antics. These antics by the way cause you to work more and work harder.

Contrary to popular belief, most of us workers know our pilot group is dedicated and work hard and put up with a lot of crap. There is that 1% in every group that creates work for everyone. And many think we we do things to affect quality of life or job...We honestly don't have the time nor the desire to make life difficult. Sure, dumb decisions can be made, but they're made by someone who probably has a dozen others things going on that need attention 10 minutes ago. Come sit in the SOC for a day for a better perspective.

As far as broken airplanes, not sure what you are seeing but you have tools at your disposal to report it. From my point of view when I see some of the stuff I see, I have a hard time believing that broken airplanes are being flown.

Welcome back to those being recalled. I hope it's a large number.

SG

At least the union got in a "oh crap the furloughees are coming back better get in a quick we didn't forget about you email an hour before that company announced recalls" letter. Because that just would have been awkward.

At least the union got in a "oh crap the furloughees are coming back better get in a quick we didn't forget about you email an hour before that company announced recalls" letter. Because that just would have been awkward.

Coincidence? Probably not....
They probably thought, "oh s***t, these furloughed guys we've been ignoring will be able to vote soon!"

I heard differently from more than one person about the pilot who got fired- as in he was NOT a repeat offender. I never flew with him so I can't say from personal observations if he was abusing the system or not. All I know for sure is that there were multiple reasons listed by the company for his dismissal and that the sick/ well part of it is a contractually protected activity that would be impossible to prove abuse without a direct admission. I believe there will be many more fired in the near term with or without reasonable cause. I doubt the numbers fired though will do much for recalls.

Coincidence? Probably not....
They probably thought, "oh s***t, these furloughed guys we've been ignoring will be able to vote soon!"

I can guarantee they did not think that. Pick your number, 100?, 200? called back and figure the percent that accept. 50? 100? Political advisers will say a voting block of 50-100 (Even if you can get them all to vote the same way) is a small percentage and does not generate fear.

The leadership does what is in the best interest of the pilot group based on surveys and recommendations from the legal staff and not what the frequent typers say here or any other message board. Additionally, don't let them follow the "We know what is best" mantra without heading the will of the entire pilot group like some have tried to do.

Think you can do better then once recalled run for office. Good luck if you win - the job is probably not what you think it is.

It is far more likely the Company was going to recall and timed it to undercut the 4 years message from the union that has probably been in the works for some time.

Again, We have managed to turn these positive news into a big pile of steaming s**t... I knew it wouldn't take long

Again, We have managed to turn these positive news into a big pile of steaming s**t... I knew it wouldn't take long

What are you talking about?

I haven't seen anyone here say it's a bad thing to see recalls, or that they feel bad for the people being recalled.

But burying your head in the sand isn't going to do anyone any good either. If you work at Netjets, did you even bother to read the announcement from management past "We're going to be recalling pilots."? If so, did you note the REASON they gave for the recalls?

Are you bothering to follow what's going on with the recent terminations? If you are, and are cognizant of all the other games the company has been playing recently, do you think the recalled are coming back to the same place they left?

Have you been following our union's actions recently (or perhaps more appropriately, their lack of action on anything)? If so, do you think the recalled are coming back to the same union they left?

Yeah, I think we're all happy that some furloughed folks will be coming back! I'm personally thrilled! Again, congrats to those who get the call and wish to return!

But it's far from all sunshine and rainbows. We have major problems right now in most areas, and while the recalled are coming back to a job, a paycheck, medical insurance, and a 401K, things aren't so wonderful and they could very easily be fired (no more recall rights) for some bogus reason.

Sorry for the reality check.

Latest resources

Back