• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They've been very quiet on our side of the board since Wednesday.

I doubt they'll tell you anything then. They sure didn't have any info for us tonight...

Appreciate you asking. I think a lot of us were feeling pretty optimistic when we first heard of recalls, but from the latest info, it seems that we're in for yet another disappointment.

It's all about expectations.

They spent a LOT of time yesterday managing those expectations.

And there were a surprising number of kool aid drinkers lapping it up.

Sad.

Expectations.

Look at it this way guys. The guys in the initial recall classes are the guinea pigs. Those of us who don't get recalled in the near future will be in a better position to accept or bypass / resign. I have completely stopped paying attention to the news, but I'm thinking there's still a chance this isn't a real economic recovery ad there will be another furlough. A slow trickle of recalls is insulation for some of us if that happens. Then we have Hansell running the show. I'm still convinced the man isn't qualified to run a sno cone machine and stands a good chance of causing Netjets to make Eastern Airlines look like an amusement park. More insulation from that possible train wreck. Then we have the dumpster fire of an eboard.

The only possible downside I see is our potential sellout. The more guys that get recalled, the less likely this is. That likelihood was probably low to begin with and gets lower the more pissed off the pilot group gets.

It's the same ride we've been on for the last four years. To me, many of us are going to be able to cruise through the BS and either not go back because the company melted down and no longer exists, or we go back to a Netjets that's close to the one that furloughed us, only with a little more production and less waste.

If it implodes, it'll be fun to watch where management ends up. Hansell will land on his feet by going back to practicing law. The others? Well, I would think it'll be hard to explain how you were part of a team that took down the largest luxury aircraft provider in the world.

I agree with Buffets concern or lack of for NJA.... For his empire it is a very very small portion, and after the DS incident, probably just a huge pain in the rear... While the pilots deserve more $$ and QOL, I'm afraid that the methods usually used to get there (labor unrest etc) may just be the type of tipping point for Buffet or his successor to just rid themselves of the whole thing..

I know you've been gone for some time Bent, and from an outsider's point of view, I can see how you can draw this conclusion.

From the point of view of someone who spends a lot of face time with the owners, has listened to their frustrating accounts of disappointment, and who has witnessed first hand the erosion of our brand by the current CEO's method for running the business, I'm fairly confident the "tipping point" resulting in the "huge pain in the rear" you refer to will most likely be reached long before labor issues take center stage.

In my opinion, future labor disputes are small potatoes compared to the building tsunami of owner frustration with our CEO and his abandonment of service for the foolish pursuit of "metrics."

Latest resources

Back