• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recalls!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It wasn't that long before the furlough that I was approached by MANY United FO's asking how they could get on with NETJETS. UAL was going down the toilet rapidly and they wanted out. Point being, the only certainty with aviation is change. Things could get worse or they could get better. Giving up your seniority that high up the list would take some serious stones.

Stepping back and getting away from aviation for the last 4 years has given me a pretty decent perspective on life. I bitched and complained about the regional life until I got out. I thought flying a 747 around the world would be what I wanted.....NOPE. I got to Net Jets and immediately loved that kind of flying. Sitting out of aviation for this long has given me a new appreciation for flying. I know NetJets isn't what it was, but your making 150kish/yr not having to commute to work. You have probably worked at NJ most of your career to be that high up and so young. Life isn't always greener on the other side!!! I would love to show you the scars on my hands from the last 4 years of plumbing. Like you, I make good money, but I'm burned out and ready to put it in my rear view mirror. Not busting your chops, but just hoping you don't make a mistake you might regret.

Can't wait to get back and help make NJ a career gig again!!

Cheers

Good post Brother!!!

Welcome back! We are thrilled to see that they are recalling! You all have been through the ringer. Let us know who is coming back. We are trying to get you back on the message boards. Drinks on us! CHEERS!!!!

Welcome back! We are thrilled to see that they are recalling! You all have been through the ringer. Let us know who is coming back. We are trying to get you back on the message boards. Drinks on us! CHEERS!!!!

Great news! Probably too early to speculate, but are there certain fleets that are particularly light on pilots where returning pilots would likely be allocated? Encore? Phenom? XLS? I suppose sim availability might play a role too.

Anything open is fair game, as I don't think there is a contractual requirement for the company to post an open bid for normal positions first. I think there should be, but wasn't able to find a clause for that in the contract. However, the company is taking deliveries of Phenoms and focusing as many newhire (recall) positions there as possible reduces the number displacements, training cycles, and cancelled seat locks.

Last edited:
Happy to see the recall intent is out there, I am about 400 out of the 495. I am not going to be coming back and out of the people that I know there is nobody who is taking the recall. My guess is they will work their way through the list pretty quickly which will be great for the guys at the bottom who want to come back.
Cheers

So it sounds like tomorrow the numbers will or info will come out?

January 23rd is what I heard....although as usual...there isn't a year at the end of the date I heard :p

Hopefully, that joke is dead now :)

Edit - I am joking on the 23rd hopefully 2014 :p but I have heard this week also.

Last edited:
One of the guys said today was the management/union sit-down on it. So 23rd sounds correct. Killing me, I want to turn in my notice so bad

Latest resources

Back