Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RustyFan said:
Grant seniority number positions to all NJI pilots who worked for EJA/EJM based on their original DOH. (basically excusing their resignation letters)

This one is totally unacceptable. Anyone that left the "A" side for the "I" side (apart from the current LOA) knew EXACTLY what they were doing and, prior to the current CBA, had no expectation of returning to the "A" side with their old seniority number.

Nice try though.

Cavpilot said:
This one is totally unacceptable. Anyone that left the "A" side for the "I" side (apart from the current LOA) knew EXACTLY what they were doing and, prior to the current CBA, had no expectation of returning to the "A" side with their old seniority number.

Nice try though.

Agreed.

All of those protections sound great. Protections like those are typicaly negotiated for a group by a Union. Do the NJI guys have a Union? Nope.

FLYLOW22 said:
Agreed.

All of those protections sound great. Protections like those are typicaly negotiated for a group by a Union. Do the NJI guys have a Union? Nope.

Thank you for reminding me why I loathe unions and their apologists.

As a new NJI hire, I don't see why I need to be integrated into the NJA side. I am comfortable with my starting salary I have and the upgrade potential seems realistic and fair. What advantage would NJA bring me?

Thank you for reminding me why I loathe unions and their apologists

G IV I felt the same way before coming to NJA - then the management changed my mind.

G4dude said:
Thank you for reminding me why I loathe unions and their apologists.

Wishing you had scope protections is like wishing on a star. Either the NJI pilots will have common ground and the communication tools necessary to negotiate those things mentioned above or they won't. Like Unions or not, you may need one to utilize the system before too long.

Don't be hate nnn, be participatin'.

Or stay up on that cloud you think is protected and see what is decided FOR you.

Me... I've always enjoyd having an official voice to suppliment my own.

No apologies here...

gutshotdraw said:
Although rare, there are pilots on both the G-IV and G-V who make different salaries despite equivalent "longevity" with the company (we don't use the S word). Starting salaries have changed over the years and first year Captain pay has also risen although not always retroactively to Captains promoted just a few months before. In the past, Management has used the "merit raise" program to try and smooth out the bumps in the graph with varying degrees of success.

So it is like I said. Being non union, one negotiates for themselves and not for good (or bad) of the group. Interesting.

Abbey said:
So it is like I said. Being non union, one negotiates for themselves and not for good (or bad) of the group. Interesting.

No, actually it isn't. A new hire does not negotiate his salary, it is set. A Captain does not negotiate what his first year Captain pay will be. It is set. What changes is the salary level of pilots of equivalent longevity based on their "merit" pay increase each year. Some pilots who have had, er, ahem, "challenges" may receive a smaller raise than a classmate who had a good year. There isn't a gigantic difference and salaries certainly aren't negotiated.

old*art said:
Thank you for reminding me why I loathe unions and their apologists

G IV I felt the same way before coming to NJA - then the management changed my mind.

Fair enough, and I don't feel animosity towards union members, just union management. I am glad NJA pilots have a very good deal, by the way. I also feel they would have gotten a good deal years ago if the union had not been hanging spectre-like over the procedings. Just my opinion, and I am not always right.

Latest resources

Back