Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
batsky2000 said:
I work at NJI and spy guy does spew some BS now and then, and I can't say wheather he works here or not, I look at it this way, I disagree with spyguy, NJI,NJA,NJE,ETC.. all are under the same dome, money comes from the same pocket, we share everything, from stock lockers to passengers, you guys fly our pax, and we fly yours now and then, there are some benefits that we would like to see, like your overtime/holiday pay, and retirement medical/Dental plan, we don't have that, we get overtime, but it is very useless program, you guys would like to have our home basing and crew meal policy, I have many friends who work at NJA, and when I see NJA pilots at the hotel or FBO, I strike a pleasant conversation and like wise, This bickering back and forth is pointless, what ever the outcome after 3 years, I am sure it will benefit both sides

Lets just get along in the mean time, we all do the same job for the same owners

Agree. Nice post batsky2000.

DO-82 driver said:
Everytime I get a brief that states the owners are Gulfstream owners I save it as evidence. I have quite a few in my files. So do alot of other guys.

Of course, you're forgetting that when your petition is filed, the ruling will be based on a "snapshot" of company operations (whatever that period may be). You could fill the Library of Congress with your brief sheets; everything going on right now will be irrelevant. What makes anyone think we can't stop covering each other's flights during the snapshot period, effectively demonstrating the practice doesn't take place? You guys think RTS is too stupid...

zman,

So there will be no way to prove that we do cross over flights between both companies? I agree with your analogy as far as operations go (look how fast they scampered out of CMH a couple of summers ago), but I would think that they would have to show past records of flights and manifests during the hearing?

Even put some owners on the stand. I flew a G IV owner to SAV one day last summer. We had a few moments to chat and I asked how they liked things over at NJI. With dumbfounded looks they asked who NJI was? I explained the breakdown. They thought they flew with NETJETS and owned a share in the G. They would have some interesting testimony!

They had been with the company over seven years by the way.

Fozzy said:
Batsky,
Well said.

Spy,
How much money do you think this will cost? I am just curious. The next question, how much money do you think we have in the bank already?
Serious questions, I would just like to know what you think.

AGAIN...HE DOESN'T WORK AT NJI so who gives a CR#P what this low-time idiot thinks ?

Hogprint said:
zman,

So there will be no way to prove that we do cross over flights between both companies?

Yes. You can prove it if it happens during the snapshot period.

Where we've been; what we're doing now: irrelevant. I could be wrong (gasp!), of course. We'll see.

anyone know first year fo on the giv is? Is it a set amount or depend on the quals of the ind. pilot.

"snap shot" perspective...

From a Union perspective this is quite simple; let a third party make a determination, or take it into the bargaining arena. Nobody around here thinks RTS is stupid, but it would be safe to assume the Union leadership is aware of all the alternatives as well.

If NetJets Aviation, Inc. elects to restructure for preemptive single carrier determination purposes, the Union will respond in kind.

We have agreed to allow a third party determination under the status quo as written in the Letter of Agreement. We can either allow for that to occur under the status quo, or both sides can use alternative methods.

The most important components to remember are 1) the LOA that provides NJA pilots opportunities at NJI never expires, not even after a single carrier determination is made, 2) a single carrier petition can be filed on a reoccurring basis, if one NMB rules in favor of the company then next NMB may like the Union's arguments, and 3) the Union can file the petition in 2.5 years, meanwhile bargaining will commence in 3.5 years.

The Union agreed to a 3 year NJI stay because this NMB's term ends after the '08 election. The next NMB will more than likely be making the determination. Even more significantly, the majority of the pilots on the NetJets Aviation, Inc. Pilots Seniority List will need to be willing to accept the NMB's determination during the ratification process of the next Tentative Agreement.

I don't believe this issue will ever be addressed from a "snap shot" perspective. This would only lead one to conclude the longer this issue persists, the more contentious it will become. In other words, intelligent people who have the company's overall best interests in mind should sit down and resolve the issue in a fair and mutually equitable manner. In the event this does not occur, only time will tell.

Respectfully,

Last edited:
Hogprint said:
I flew a G IV owner to SAV one day last summer. We had a few moments to chat and I asked how they liked things over at NJI. With dumbfounded looks they asked who NJI was? I explained the breakdown. They thought they flew with NETJETS and owned a share in the G. They would have some interesting testimony!

They had been with the company over seven years by the way.

Got ya beat Hog,

I had the son of the Big Boss on board departing Omaha just after the picketing at the stockholders meeting last year. He asked me why we were so mad and why we wanted to strike. Whoa, I said. Blue ties, not gold. Even he was a tad confused.

Then again, most people can't figure out why they're on a Northwest airplane when they paid Continental for the ticket....

Latest resources

Back