Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wafu39 said:
Would any NETJETS pilot out there be able to tell me the pay scale for a GV Capt?

Thanks.

Look at www.airlinepilotcentral.com. You can look at the fractional as well as airline pay rates under the "airlines" page. I know GV FO pay is included. Not sure if GV Captain pay is specified. I would assume that it is near the Falcon 2000EX pay level but I could be wrong...

Abbey said:
They are non union, so by defintion, the payscale is whatever you can negotiate for yourself.

That is so far from the truth....our salaries are determined by a combination of industry wages, and years service with NJI, Inc...a 10 year Capt in the GV will make $150+....hope this give a little more insight...it ain't rocket science.

So....pay is determined by industry wages and longevity? Sounds sorta like the way an evil union shop would extort its employer. Please don't tell me that captain slots are given in seniority order.

Abbey said:
So....pay is determined by industry wages and longevity? Sounds sorta like the way an evil union shop would extort its employer. Please don't tell me that captain slots are given in seniority order.

Abbey...its sorta like every other company...no secret here...union or non-union...its not a union issue with NJI, Inc....and Captain upgrades are seniority based upon equipment availability...again no rocket science...its really not an evil union thing as you keep hinting at either...companies that want to keep their personnel will treat them fairly and honestly or the employees will walk! Just a fact of life..so lets not escalate this into a union thing or not...I don't know of many decent sized flight departments that will allow their pilots to negotiate for them selves a rate of pay...ain't gonna happen!

WGFP48 said:
That is so far from the truth....our salaries are determined by a combination of industry wages, and years service with NJI, Inc...a 10 year Capt in the GV will make $150+....hope this give a little more insight...it ain't rocket science.

No, it ain't rocket science. Why, then, is it so difficult to understand the advantages of being represented by a union? An NJA pilot who transfers to NJI makes 120k/142k in the first year, depending on regular or reserve schedule. That same pilot makes 167k/198k in year 10. That applies to the GIV and GV. That ain't rocket science either. Even if you're opposed to unions, the math makes it worth it to consider the change, I would think.

I am just funnin a little on the ones that continuosly bash the NJA union and believe that the greedy pilots are going to kill their Gulfstream Gravy Train. No harm was intended; just another failed attempt at some humor.

But seriously, in all my non union jobs in years gone by, the compensation package was negotiated by me and my employer. I did not factor in what others before me accepted in similiar lines of work. "x" was what I was able and willing to accept for services rendered.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back