Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pervis said:
Even if you're opposed to unions, the math makes it worth it to consider the change, I would think.

Not if your an FO. I believe the top end NJA pay for Cat. 4 is around 65k, and thats after several years. NJI starting pay is well above that.

So I could go union and take a $14,000 pay cut.... no thanks

wolfpackpilot said:
Not if your an FO. I believe the top end NJA pay for Cat. 4 is around 65k, and thats after several years. NJI starting pay is well above that.

So I could go union and take a $14,000 pay cut.... no thanks

You don't plan on being an FO forever, do you? Long term totals mean more to me. Starting NJA FO in Cat 4 aircraft is 50k/59k and hits 69k/82k after 10 yrs. I would think upgrade time would fall well within that timeframe. Besides, just because you may join the local, why do you think FOs currently working at NJI wouldn't be grandfathered into your current pay scale? No one would vote for a pay cut for anyone. If anything, it would boost the current CBA mins for FOs on both sides of the fence.

gunfyter said:
Wolfie,

You could always bid Citation X Captain and take a big pay raise....

This is true, however I have it on good info that I'd actually have to work with that big pay raise:eek:

Bless those X drivers, they keep the company going dont they.

Pervis,

I will most likely upgrade on the Gulfstream before the NMB rules on the Single Carrier issue, so it doesn't concern me on that angle. However you make a valid point, and one that should be considered.

New employees at NJI should be given the facts of the NJA agreement and what may possibly happen. On that same note, the IBT should be forthright and open on how they plan to "join" the forces if they succeed in the petition.

I kind of view this whole thing like a poker game where everyone has played their cards but one guy (NMB), but no one will say what their wager was.

Just for a little clarification, NJI does not offer the "Reserve" schedule only 7-7 so that second number quoted for the NJA Category 4 pay scale has no relevance at NJI. Overtime rules are quite different as well.

Pervis said:
No, it ain't rocket science. Why, then, is it so difficult to understand the advantages of being represented by a union? An NJA pilot who transfers to NJI makes 120k/142k in the first year, depending on regular or reserve schedule. That same pilot makes 167k/198k in year 10. That applies to the GIV and GV. That ain't rocket science either. Even if you're opposed to unions, the math makes it worth it to consider the change, I would think.

Pervis,
I love how a lot of NJA guys lot to throw out yearly wages and not take into factor the union dues. Once you subtract those, the wages are farely similar for captains. I know, some will say that they get more in grievances in a year to make up for the dues, but you can't count on that and you can always count on paying dues.

Spyguy, I pay $1726/yr union dues as PIC in my sixth year. My overtime, extended day, grievance and holiday pay totals over $9000 to date, more than $1850/month average. Per diem adds another $400 plus/mo. Now do you think the dues reduce my salary to match yours? I doubt it. I mention this only to provide some accurate info to provide all some hard data. I am not unique in this category. In fact, some have seen huge class action grievance awards that I was not party to.

Wolfpack, I believe all should have the facts in order to weigh the pros and cons of being a member of IBT1108. If single carrier becomes an issue in the near future, I for one will support the fair integration of our ranks. There are some radical folks on NJA side as well as NJI though. What I mean by that is some with NJI are radically opposed to union shops, possibly because of bad or missinformation. On the other side of the coin, some with NJA strongly believe the staple factor applies if you guys aren't dues paying members once integration happens. If it happens, I for one do not want to see any friction between us.

I certainly will not be one to threaten or intimidate, and I think most of us feel the same way. However, you can see the anymosity created by a few on this board. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see this cordial discussion turned in the near future by one or more of those few. For the time being, though, we are able to continue in a civil dialect. This is what we need more of.

It may have been smoke, but I had an NJI G IV captain tell me one of his major complaints at NJI was no published salary scale and he was sure some pilots junior to him were paid higher.

old*art said:
It may have been smoke, but I had an NJI G IV captain tell me one of his major complaints at NJI was no published salary scale and he was sure some pilots junior to him were paid higher.

It sounds more like paranoid to me...the guys in the office have worked very hard to make sure that pay scales are fair and equitable...there are always some people who think some one junior is making more...and then there are some who think that some one is flying captain below them in seniority too...but by and large the situation is fair and un-biased....if one of these old G4 guys thinks they are getting screwed then they need to go to the source and ask a chief pilot to look into the deal and see...there certainly is not enough ammo here to give rise to a union....

Latest resources

Back