• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJA pilots want to be union, great. NJI pilots want to be non union, so leave us alone. Why do you want to force us to go union when we don't want to force you to give up your union?

RustyFan posted:

My very vague bullet points are based on the NJI pilots, (not NJA) putting an end to this issue by unionizing before the possible NMB issue.

Rusty,
I've been thinking that NJI would take this step before the three yr. (now less) deadline. I even think that RTS would maybe even sell them outright to keep 1108 off property.

In your opinion would who would NJI unionize under? Would they try and secure the equality you spoke of with 1108 or go some place else?

G4Dude posted:

NJI pilots want to be non union, so leave us alone.

G4, not trying to start a piss'n contest here, but I have spoke with a few NJI folks (mostly FO's) who told me between them, myself and the fence post, that a union may not be a bad thing. I will say they all said things are great as is and that would be OK too, but....

Could it be that some at NJI don't have their finger on the pulse of the group at large?

Hogprint said:
RustyFan posted:

Rusty,
I've been thinking that NJI would take this step before the three yr. (now less) deadline. I even think that RTS would maybe even sell them outright to keep 1108 off property.

In your opinion would who would NJI unionize under? Would they try and secure the equality you spoke of with 1108 or go some place else?

What a very interesting idea! Preemptive unionization! If we did that, would NJAs union still try to integrate? I am quite fuzzy on labor law, although opinion seems to be at NJI that 1108 does not have a case.

Hogprint said:
G4Dude posted:

G4, not trying to start a piss'n contest here, but I have spoke with a few NJI folks (mostly FO's) who told me between them, myself and the fence post, that a union may not be a bad thing. I will say they all said things are great as is and that would be OK too, but....

Could it be that some at NJI don't have their finger on the pulse of the group at large?

I will admit I am surprised at what you say, so it is possible there is more pro union sentiment here than I thought. I haven't heard any of it, and we talk about the subject frequently. Hmmm. I would be pleased to have a vote, but hate the thought of us being forced to join a union because of some court case. See the difference?

old*art said:
G IV I am truly happy for you that your work experience has never had a need for a union. We all just do the best we can and do not always have the luxury of being able to pick up and leave a job - or are willing to fight to try to make it better for the ones who come behind. There are definite pros and cons to every scenario, but bad management is usually the root cause - Delta being the classic example.

By the what did Delta do that was so bad, management-wise? I am not an expert, and have just noticed the extraordinarily high pay the pilots have been getting since approximately 2000. I have been blaming Delta's losses on that, but maybe there is more to it.

I don't pretend to be a labor law expert either, just have always thought that RTS would do "whatever" to keep his promises to y'all in SAV. I would think he wouldn't want this to go to court just on the off chance it could go against NJI. A democrat may be sitting in the White House then also and that may change things.

G4dude said:
I will admit I am surprised at what you say, so it is possible there is more pro union sentiment here than I thought. I haven't heard any of it, and we talk about the subject frequently. Hmmm. I would be pleased to have a vote, but hate the thought of us being forced to join a union because of some court case. See the difference?

I do see your point on this. Like I said, it was just a few guys and it may not be indicative of the whole, but it was an eye opener for me. Maybe them being FO's had something to do with it.

RustyFan said:
Well I must admit there seems to be some common ground here. Perhaps there is a solution.

Im sitting in Boston right now and the sky just turned black! I think the world just stopped turning;)

Hogprint said:
A democrat may be sitting in the White House then also and that may change things.

You just got your dream job, Democrat or Sensible person. Iran is getting a nuclear devise, we are still in Iraq, and Social Security is going bankrupt. 1108 is taking on one of the richest men in the world. “O” let me stop what I am doing. Yea Right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back