Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vspeeds

Are we there yet!!!!!!!!!
Folks, looking into working for Net Jets pretty seriously.

Some of my main concerns are:
1) Any chance I can get MSP as base right away?
2) Could I bid & get 7/7 schedule right away?
3) What kinda paycheck will I be bringing home/month?
4) Could anybody explain how the 17 day & Alternate schedules work?
5) Aircraft assignment?
6) Pay in ground school, per diem & if hotel is paid for?

Any info/suggesstions would be appreciated.

Vspeeds said:

5) Aircraft assignment?

For paycheck, refer to airlinepilotcentral.com and look under "airlines" - you'll see a category for fractional. These wages are pre "new contract" which may (or may not) happen in the near future. As for aircraft assignment, you should inform the interviewer of your preference - tell them you want to fly the Citation X or G200 - but you still might end up with the Ultra or Beechjunk. This is what I have been told by others who have started with NJA. Can't help you with the other items.

Good luck!

How does switching aircraft work? Say you start out as FO in the Ultra. How long till you can bid for FO in the DA2000 or the CE-750, or whatever else?

Vspeeds said:

5) Aircraft assignment?

1. MSP is a gateway, so, yes. You choose your gateway, not the company.

2. You can bid it, but, you won't get the 7&7. A few folks got it on the ultra right after indoc, but, they lost it the following months. The company and union have agreed on 7&7 for those who want it on the next contract. When will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine.

3. PM me for specifics.

4. 17 day is the "default" schedule. The company will build your month with 17 work days. Typically a six day tour followed by 4 off. It varies month to month. You don't bid it, it is assigned. However, you can request specific days off. I haven't had a problem getting certain days off when I requested them.
Flex schedule is like reserve. You bid four "hard" days off a month. The rest of the time you are "available". I've heard working 18-19 days a month is the norm.

5. No pattern to aircraft assingment. Whatever they need to fill is what you are going to get. We had a retired 757 airline guy get the ultra. I've ran into guys with no prior jet time or glass experience in the X. More than likely, you'll be offered the ultra or the excel.

6. They changed the policy about a year ago and they do pay for hotel and perdiem during training.

PM for any more info.

CapnVegetto said:
How does switching aircraft work? Say you start out as FO in the Ultra. How long till you can bid for FO in the DA2000 or the CE-750, or whatever else?

You are seat locked for two years. You COULD bid another FO position after that. Why would you, though? You'd just seat lock yourself for another 2 years. I guess if you really had to have the type. You don't see people bidding FO to FO over here.

gordon24 said:
You are seat locked for two years. You COULD bid another FO position after that. Why would you, though? You'd just seat lock yourself for another 2 years. I guess if you really had to have the type. You don't see people bidding FO to FO over here.

To add this response, another reason that most FO's won't bid to another fleet as an FO is that they will lose bypass pay. That's a pretty substantial pay cut though some apparently have done it to get a new type rating or for other personal reasons.

Pay & Upgrade!

Folks, can anyone chime on what kinda paycheck a co-piloto expect a month & what's upgrade time running like?
What's a typical duty day like at NJA?
How long is ground school and "eventually" flying the line? (Time Frame)
When's the new contract coming in effect?

Lastly & most importantly should I politely decline the offer?

Furthermore, if I do "politely decline" would I for sure BURN BRIDGES with them?

Appreciate all inputs....

Vspeeds said:
Lastly & most importantly should I politely decline the offer?

Run away. Run as fast as your legs can carry you.

You can thank me later.

Just got out of Company recurrent last week.

New numbers on hiring are targeted (just increased) for 450 for the year (I think), and they have hired 240 so far as of August.

Training: expect from start to "on the line" about two months, give or take a couple of weeks.

A day in the life?:

Day 1: Show 0800, airline to airplane, fly two legs, go to hotel, Embassy Suites or the like. Duty time 13hrs.

Day 2: Show at legal (10hrs of rest), fly 4 or 5 legs (all Eastbound), Arrive in TEB, Go to Crown Plaza. Duty time 13hrs.

Day 3: Show at legal, fly 4 or 5 legs (NY to FL), go to hotel. Duty time 13 hours. Captain begs for later show - approved to show in 11.5 hrs.

Day 4: Plane found broken! Woo Hoo. 5 hours at FBO. Taxi (from hell) to new plane. Ferry to TEB. Go to hotel.

Day 5: Show at legal . . . get the picture? Keep going for 6 to 7 days!

Assume every other leg is pax leg - lots of bags, very messy. And very hot in the Ultra without an APU. Not complaining mind you - just not the regular corporate job, so leave your golf clubs at home - you won't be needing them!

Your first two week take-home paycheck should be around $600. It increases as soon as you get on Captain's pay or bypass pay. Then you will get $900 or so. After three years on Captain's pay you should hit $1500 every two weeks. You will log about 500 hours your first year depending on fleet.

Contract is where it was last year, as you remember the POS TA. Company (I think) needs a contract in place for the holidays - the numbers are already shot for 2005 (very bad year, starting with the holidays), and they will need to see pilot morale and productivity up for the holidays and next year. If it isn't amazing, then expect it voted down . . . I've waited this long, not willing to settle for crap.

Good luck. Kind of a crap shoot, you could get lucky and get in and have a good contract voted in - or walk into a pilot strike while on probation and get fired for not being a scab.

If you get the U-Boat, let me know and I'll hook you up with some gouge that I wish I had!

Latest resources

Back