Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Schrode said:
Your first two week take-home paycheck should be around $600. It increases as soon as you get on Captain's pay or bypass pay. Then you will get $900 or so. After three years on Captain's pay you should hit $1500 every two weeks. You will log about 500 hours your first year depending on fleet.

:eek: YIKES!

Not unless you have a broke plane. And if you do, expect a taxi or airline to one that isn't. The only sitting you do is on the can wondering why you are doing this!

Haven't sat since the Union slapped a HUGE class action grievance on the company for trying to "motivate" us by making us sit for 14 hours at the FBO's all across the country. That was in violation of our contract and will cost the company 5 to 6 Million dollars in back pay to the pilots. So now we NEVER sit.

Schrode's synopsis was good except the numbers the company presented in recurrent. They've hired 195 pilots as of the 7/19 seniority list. But they've only netted a gain of around 130 due to folks leaving the company as soon as they can find something else to go to. A recent new hire class was cancelled because they couldn't get enough people to show up for training. No way in hell are they going to meet their planned hiring of 450-500 this year.

After the contracct is done and this company decides to treat the pilots like a valued asset, it might be a decent place to work. Right now, it's the pits. Stay away.

Schrode said:
A day in the life?:

Day 1: Show 0800, airline to airplane, fly two legs, go to hotel, Embassy Suites or the like. Duty time 13hrs.

Day 2: Show at legal (10hrs of rest), fly 4 or 5 legs (all Eastbound), Arrive in TEB, Go to Crown Plaza. Duty time 13hrs.

Day 3: Show at legal, fly 4 or 5 legs (NY to FL), go to hotel. Duty time 13 hours. Captain begs for later show - approved to show in 11.5 hrs.

Are you saying that you get to the hotel at 2200, call dispatch and they can tell you to show at the plane 10 hours later? That means you will have a hard time getting anywhere near 8 hours of sleep?

I fly on-demand freight and can't be called until after 10 complete hours of rest.

falcon20driver said:
Are you saying that you get to the hotel at 2200, call dispatch and they can tell you to show at the plane 10 hours later? That means you will have a hard time getting anywhere near 8 hours of sleep?

I fly on-demand freight and can't be called until after 10 complete hours of rest.

That is what it means. Sucks ass. But I never do a 10 hour turn. I make sure the FO and I are completely rested before we walk out of the hotel. If not, we don't go.

Schrode said:
Just got out of Company recurrent last week.

New numbers on hiring are targeted (just increased) for 450 for the year (I think), and they have hired 240 so far as of August.

Training: expect from start to "on the line" about two months, give or take a couple of weeks.

A day in the life?:

Day 1: Show 0800, airline to airplane, fly two legs, go to hotel, Embassy Suites or the like. Duty time 13hrs.

Day 2: Show at legal (10hrs of rest), fly 4 or 5 legs (all Eastbound), Arrive in TEB, Go to Crown Plaza. Duty time 13hrs.

Day 3: Show at legal, fly 4 or 5 legs (NY to FL), go to hotel. Duty time 13 hours. Captain begs for later show - approved to show in 11.5 hrs.

Day 4: Plane found broken! Woo Hoo. 5 hours at FBO. Taxi (from hell) to new plane. Ferry to TEB. Go to hotel.

Day 5: Show at legal . . . get the picture? Keep going for 6 to 7 days!

Assume every other leg is pax leg - lots of bags, very messy. And very hot in the Ultra without an APU. Not complaining mind you - just not the regular corporate job, so leave your golf clubs at home - you won't be needing them!

Your first two week take-home paycheck should be around $600. It increases as soon as you get on Captain's pay or bypass pay. Then you will get $900 or so. After three years on Captain's pay you should hit $1500 every two weeks. You will log about 500 hours your first year depending on fleet.

Contract is where it was last year, as you remember the POS TA. Company (I think) needs a contract in place for the holidays - the numbers are already shot for 2005 (very bad year, starting with the holidays), and they will need to see pilot morale and productivity up for the holidays and next year. If it isn't amazing, then expect it voted down . . . I've waited this long, not willing to settle for crap.

Good luck. Kind of a crap shoot, you could get lucky and get in and have a good contract voted in - or walk into a pilot strike while on probation and get fired for not being a scab.

If you get the U-Boat, let me know and I'll hook you up with some gouge that I wish I had!

Yeah, this schedule seems like a nightmare from "Groundhog Day." But isn't it also true that your schedule can vary a bit based on fleet? I hear the Beechjunk, Hawker 800XP/C, G200 and Soveriegn (brand new addition) fleets are not as active while the Citation X, Ultra and Excel fleets are the workhorses - is that the case? Couldn't fleet type then impact schedule quite a bit?

I guess you would then want to avoid some of the more "active" fleets if you were given the choice...

Schrode said:
Just got out of Company recurrent last week.

New numbers on hiring are targeted (just increased) for 450 for the year (I think), and they have hired 240 so far as of August.

Training: expect from start to "on the line" about two months, give or take a couple of weeks.

A day in the life?:

Day 4: Plane found broken! Woo Hoo. 5 hours at FBO. Taxi (from hell) to new plane. Ferry to TEB. Go to hotel.

Day 5: Show at legal . . . get the picture? Keep going for 6 to 7 days!

So far, I count 3 trips to TEB where you can get rudys. What the heck are you b#$ching about! LOL!

On Your Six said:
Yeah, this schedule seems like a nightmare from "Groundhog Day." But isn't it also true that your schedule can vary a bit based on fleet? I hear the Beechjunk, Hawker 800XP/C, G200 and Soveriegn (brand new addition) fleets are not as active while the Citation X, Ultra and Excel fleets are the workhorses - is that the case? Couldn't fleet type then impact schedule quite a bit?

I guess you would then want to avoid some of the more "active" fleets if you were given the choice...

Its very true. I am in the Citation X and we get ball pattled everyday. Its the nature of the beast. In the last 2 years I have NEVER not flown if I had a working plane. The X does not and will never sit. Problem is we have way to many X owners and not enough planes. We also can cover everything in NetJets fleet except a F-2000 or BBJ without asking the owner if its ok (contract thing for them) Also the X flys so many G-IV trips I stopped counting. Many G-IV and G-V owners "downgrade" to a X all the time in the lower 48.

The XL so I hear is not much better just shorter legs. Every fleet works hard just the X and XL are KING of the ball patteling ;)

Latest resources

Back