Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A contract thing?

We also can cover everything in NetJets fleet except a F-2000 or BBJ without asking the owner if its ok (contract thing for them).

Well it is not in my contracts -- three of them over the years. I am not in a DA-2000 nor a BBJ, and they can't give me a X without my permission. The X is usually acceptable (but doesn't have to be by the "contract") to anyone in a lesser plane (Hawkers, XL, Ultra, Encore, 400XP) but not those in a higher plane unless they are in a rush. Read your contract -- if you have one.

Fly safe.

Schrode said:
Your first two week take-home paycheck should be around $600. It increases as soon as you get on Captain's pay or bypass pay. Then you will get $900 or so. After three years on Captain's pay you should hit $1500 every two weeks. You will log about 500 hours your first year depending on fleet.

How can it be 600/two weeks, is that with out per diem?

NJAowner said:
We also can cover everything in NetJets fleet except a F-2000 or BBJ without asking the owner if its ok (contract thing for them).

Well it is not in my contracts -- three of them over the years. I am not in a DA-2000 nor a BBJ, and they can't give me a X without my permission. The X is usually acceptable (but doesn't have to be by the "contract") to anyone in a lesser plane (Hawkers, XL, Ultra, Encore, 400XP) but not those in a higher plane unless they are in a rush. Read your contract -- if you have one.

Fly safe.

It is what NetJets tells us. I don't read owner contracts.

Last edited:
Curious how do folks survive, esp. FO's, with the current payscale?

Are you (copilotos) able to cover MORTGAGE, KID'S DAYCARE, CAR PMTS & etc. etc.? (or whatever expenses might come up)

airlinepilot pay says NJA FOs can expect $2260/month or 565 a week or 75 a day

pretty scary thought, per diem will add some but . . .

Brewdog - The number is closer to $521 a week before taxes and SS. It's been quite a while since I was on FO pay but $700 take home every two weeks wouldn't surprise me as a new hire.

Per diem is what it is. If you're moving the airplane a lot, you can probably get by with buying one meal a day on average. Maybe some guys can maximize it more than that but I prefer at least one meal a day that doesn't come in a plastic box. When you figure in occasionally going out on the road, I probably clear $10-15 a day in per diem. Not gonna get rich with that.

Best bet - wait until the contract is done and then apply. No sense in putting yourself through a bunch of needless pain.

Funny how the lowest possible FO salaries are always the topic of discussion yet I'm pretty sure the fewest amount of pilots actually make this pay.

Furthermore, interesting how folks would rather make NJA out to be the "bad guy" when they are the ones wanting and asking to increase FO salaries and the pilot union rejected this proposal. The proposal was made independent of current bargaining...free and clear. Can't have happy FO's now can we pilot union? That perceivingly might mess up what's in it for you wouldn't it?

Who's looking out for who?

Let's see:

2260 x 12 = $27,120 per year

26 pay periods = $1,044 per pay period

Taxes = ($250)
401K = ($150)

Net take home pay every pay period = $644

I do not consider this pay, although some might. I consider this my food money for the week. Try eating 3 meals out on this amount of money - and you'll be hungry (or tired of Taco Bell).
per diem = $38.40 a day x 16 days a month =$614

Any way you slice it - it doesn't pay the mortage. I am LAX based, on 4th Year Captain pay and it still doesn't pay the mortage! Not yet at least - I am working on the problem though. 6S

dsptchrNJA said:
Funny how the lowest possible FO salaries are always the topic of discussion yet I'm pretty sure the fewest amount of pilots actually make this pay.

Furthermore, interesting how folks would rather make NJA out to be the "bad guy" when they are the ones wanting and asking to increase FO salaries and the pilot union rejected this proposal. The proposal was made independent of current bargaining...free and clear. Can't have happy FO's now can we pilot union? That perceivingly might mess up what's in it for you wouldn't it?

Who's looking out for who?

SHADDAP Moron!!! Nobody is asking for your idiotic company propoganda. He's asking legitimate questions about the job here. Keep your BS away!!!

Latest resources

Back