• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time to kick off the season with a September 2nd, Labor Day multi-city picket.

BED

CMH

CLT

VNY

DAL

Just the beginning of the busy Fall season....

Duke & Troll,

You moles are so funny!

I'm callin' your bluff Duke so lay your cards on the table and explain how the current union is in the hole and the company wants to pull us out?

Your turn troll, the me,me,me attitude is a self-serving egotistic view of one's percived un-professional demeaner. As a card carring union member I think in the we,we,we, that is, I care about my crew, my passengers, my aircraft, and the company, that's why I will not fly tired, hungrey, or carry write-ups. In other words I fly the pledge because it is the safe and right thing to do!

Just remember that when one of the me, me, me go-to'ers makes a big smokin' hole in the ground, you will all be joining us in the un-employment line!

You two need to stop drinkin' the company kool-aid because I heard that BB pissed in the punch bowl!

Wow!

Yeah Monkey,

I'm havin a little trouble getting that message as well.

If they were worried about us being in a hole, you'd think they would have pulled us out 4 years ago.

Why did they decide they suddenly want to meet everyday now?

I think the SU is doing a great job, however, I would like to see them get Steven Seagall on the team, then set him loose on BB and co.

Man what a great plot for a movie that would be!

Well time to head for my second job.

Just counting the days.

Diesel said:
I can't wait for the holidays. Actually i can't wait till another month or so.

I am so excited that I want to start singing Christmas carols. This place is in serious $hit come Oct, Nov and Dec! I can't wait, because if this thing is not wrapped up they are going to be wishing for that 5% back. It will be getting real ugly.

No, it won't be a problem. People will just extend.

Pay?

Kinda changing the subject here, well, not really but kinda. Some people are saying that there is not a problem with the pilot pay vs duty time portion of the contract? If a right seater starts out at just over $27,000 per year and works 13 hours a day for about 18 days per month, isn't that 13 X 18=234 hrs worked per month. $27,000ish / 12=$2,250 per month divided by 234=$9.61 per hour for being gone from home over half the month? Seems like a tad bit of a problem there!!!!!!!

Starman said:
yawn - ... How are the sell-offs going?

Please, by all means, next time your in the flight center, put a little smirk on your face and go around asking that question... or is that something you only dare to ask when you are hiding behind your anonymous internet handle? Takes a real big man.

Fly High said:
Kinda changing the subject here, well, not really but kinda. Some people are saying that there is not a problem with the pilot pay vs duty time portion of the contract? If a right seater starts out at just over $27,000 per year and works 13 hours a day for about 18 days per month, isn't that 13 X 18=234 hrs worked per month. $27,000ish / 12=$2,250 per month divided by 234=$9.61 per hour for being gone from home over half the month? Seems like a tad bit of a problem there!!!!!!!

better question yet... is there anyone anywhere who actually thinks it's not a problem???

Weaks will not be able to cover the schedule by extending come fall. This place is barely covering the schedule on a green day as it is during the skeletal summer months right now. 50 sell offs just today.

Management should be scared. Time is running out.

Come on Santulli. Your white hors is waiting for you.

Fly High said:

Actually, the problem is larger (or smaller) than you state here: Any time over~160 hours per month is OVERTIME at union jobs. So, it would be 160 hours regular time, plus 74 hours overtime. That's a bit less than $9.61/hr.

On the plus side, you get to fly shiny jets and meet rich and famous people, so maybe that's the offset mngmnt is figuring here...

C

Latest resources

Back