• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your DNIF rate the last few months has not significantly increased (less any unforseen illness you may have suffered), and the rate at which you write up your aircraft has not significantly increased, or you are not doing these things with the intent to get more of the company's attention on your dissatisfaction, all the while shrugging your shoulders and excusing yourself by giving us the horse-hooey "what do you mean? I'm not breaking any rules, I just don't want to do the company any favors any more, what are you talking about?"..... then I guess your not playing any games.

The minority that are doing this apparently don't have enough faith in the union to negotiate a successful contract without their "help".

Let me know when you get your ATP dispatch, until then you're just self-loading cargo. Your hump busting don't make the trains run on itme.

I just call in my times. I do NOT speak to the company about anything. I have been told a thousand times by the company that I and the rest of the pilots do NOT have the big picture. So, now when I see the companys mistakes and how screwed up things are going to be I just let them happen. I don't worry if Fort Fumble dropped the ball again. I just let it lie there until I'm told what to do. I will never offer any suggestions to fix things because I'm sure a screen reader 3000 miles away has a better picture of what is going on than I do. At least thats what the company tells me.

Sorry to interrupt, but back to the original topic.....if they aren't meeting their hiring goals, are the current mins still standing? Also what are the medical benefits like?

dsptchrNJA said:
Point well taken. I knew you would say that.. you've said it before. But in order for you to make your opinion here you have to assume the company's motives are exactly as you detailed.

So let's assume, for argument's sake, that it has happened exactly as you suggested. Well then, I guess all the original accusations and blame placed entirely on the company can be thrown out the window. Sounds like they would be both equally responsible for low FO pay.

We can both agree on the moral of the story... let's just get the dang contract over with.
Let's see, I think the company wanted to raise FO pay for two primary reasons:
1 - To try to entice applicants to apply so they meet their hiring requirements.
2 - So the new-hire salarys wouldn't look so low when they are made public in the media.
What do you think the company's motives were when they attempted to unilaterally raise FO pay only?

I give the company part of the responsibility for current FO pay. The remainder lies with the pilot group that ratified the 1998 contract and said it was good enough. I congratulate our leadership for not allowing the company to wiggle out of a position that they may be ashamed of publically.

dsptchrNJA said:
If your DNIF rate the last few months has not significantly increased (less any unforseen illness you may have suffered), and the rate at which you write up your aircraft has not significantly increased, or you are not doing these things with the intent to get more of the company's attention on your dissatisfaction, all the while shrugging your shoulders and excusing yourself by giving us the horse-hooey "what do you mean? I'm not breaking any rules, I just don't want to do the company any favors any more, what are you talking about?"..... then I guess your not playing any games.

The minority that are doing this apparently don't have enough faith in the union to negotiate a successful contract without their "help".

Let's look at the 4 years of negotiations. Tiddly winks. Funny how the company is now motivated to negotiate at a more progressive pace, even without the presence of a mediator. Kind of equates to a person being more motivated to buy a car if the one he/she has isn't running, wouldn't you agree.

I guess there are still those of you that don't see the Company's responsibility for parking this jalopy on the side of the road. It's a shame. It's also going to take a good sized tow truck!:rolleyes:

Just stick a rag in the gas hole, light a match and watch it burn! Oh yea that's right, we don't have to do that because management is doing that right now!

Complete MORONS from the Frank Lorenzo school of management!

Majik said:
What do you think the company's motives were when they attempted to unilaterally raise FO pay only?

As I indicated before, I would guess that the prusumptions you made earlier are probably not that far out of line.

My whole point in entering this discussion was to show that it is pointless to get on these boards and make FO pay a public spectacle since the company can't raise it even when they want to (until the union agrees to a contract). Not to mention how very few pilots at NJA actually make this pay.

FL450 said:
Funny how the company is now motivated to negotiate at a more progressive pace, even without the presence of a mediator. Kind of equates to a person being more motivated to buy a car if the one he/she has isn't running, wouldn't you agree.
:rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by more progressive. They have been actively engaged the entire time, no more so today than 3 years ago. In fact it would have been in the company's best interest if they had settled a contract long before now - they knew that then.

Latest resources

Back