• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the ATR is just like the Caravan. A well thought out design that just doesn't work in all conditions and should be de-certified until ATR/Cessna owns up to their/our problems.
Since we had a pretty good ATR icing upset a couple of days ago
(the icing boogyman is still there) we are now required to inspect the tail whenever in ground icing conditions ie below 5 C. Since that is nearly impossible to do, we'll be going thru a ton of deice fluid and delays. The Fokker may have been old, slow and loud but at least it was a proven and solid design.

I'll take an F anyday of the week, especially on a nasty night in KTN.
As a side note, its kind of cool talking to older guys in the industry who flew them in their heyday. They are always impressed that they are still working.

it is cool talking or should i say yelling at the older guys who flew them back in the day and how they thought that the f was the most modern aircraft of the time. i am for letting the atr go and getting something with a heated leading edge and no props.

Pilot unhappiness still going on.....

What's the problem over there now??? There is always something and no matter where you go there will always be something. Just hang in there til something better comes along that gives you more of a challenge and jump on it. To sit back and complain won't fix the problem. If you really want to know how Empire is doing contact John in Midland~ he has a contact at Fedex named Bart who is in charge of all the "Feeder Outfits", one conversation with him and your eyes will be open...trust me I flew in MAF for over 2 years 2001-2003ish, I got a lot of inside scopeage that no one else knew about all the feeders Baron, MAC, Empire, Corporate Air etc.... For those of you that thinks AFW or any other new bases will be open for a while I got some condos I would like to sell on the Malibu coast. Just get your time and be happy and move on..It's ok no one will be angry....Peace and fly safe.

wouldn't let him have a few days off due to pregnacy wtf. soon they will not give us time off if we lost a leg in a unfortunate smelting accident.

I just sent them a resume.. I guess if they call me, I'll just recall this story and tell them "thanks, but no thanks"

that sucks.

I just sent them a resume.. I guess if they call me, I'll just recall this story and tell them "thanks, but no thanks"

that sucks.
I'm not alone when i say that i would not recommend any friends of mine to work there. Most if not all are trying to leave fast! A friend of mine last week said that if offered a upgrade he will turn it down and leave as soon as his illegal contract is up in a few months.

what i think is strange is that everyone says they have an illegal contract but yet no one has been able to prove this and have it changed. i do agree that it is wrong and looks suspicously illegal but all i hear or read is that it is wrong and blah blah, why don't those who have suffered this injustice get together or go at it alone and do something about it, especailly if you don't work there anymore. it is not hard to do the research yourself. you will be surprised at what you might find not only with the contracts but with the handbook as well. i decided a while ago to put my efforts into trying to improve life for me rather that complaining all the time, not to say that i still don't do a little of the later.

as for the quoted comment by me posted by v70t5 if you read farther on that was rebutted as a rumor and never happened so do not make your decision on things posted here.

as for the quoted comment by me posted by v70t5 if you read farther on that was rebutted as a rumor and never happened so do not make your decision on things posted here.

I missed that part, sorry if I jumped to a conclusion.. you work there, are you happy? Is it possible to commute their schedule on the ATR?

Thanks

I missed that part, sorry if I jumped to a conclusion.. you work there, are you happy? Is it possible to commute their schedule on the ATR?

Thanks

I wouldn't plan on commuting-the schedules are pretty tough to do that with in my opinion for the most part. Empire has been alright to me, but I have seen them do some goofy things to some of my crewmates. They are the best company that I have worked for in aviation, but I only worked as a CFI and part 135 prior to this. If you do decide to come here, just make sure that you plan on paying out your contract if you quit before it is up and make sure that you fully understand pay and benefits. But Thunderworm may have a different take on all this then I do. As far as that lion of zion goes, there are probably a few people that unhappy here, but I think he may be on the extreme end of unhappiness.

Last edited:
I wouldn't plan on commuting-the schedules are pretty tough to do that with in my opinion for the most part. Empire has been alright to me, but I have seen them do some goofy things to some of my crewmates. They are the best company that I have worked for in aviation, but I only worked as a CFI and part 135 prior to this. If you do decide to come here, just make sure that you plan on paying out your contract if you quit before it is up and make sure that you fully understand pay and benefits. But Thunderworm may have a different take on all this then I do.

Your profile leads me to think you worked at more than 135's and CFI jobs, or is that a method you use to keep the ID police off your back! ;)

Thanks for the info man, the more I learn, the more I decide it's not for me..

I'll let them know why too if/when they contact me.

Latest resources

Back