• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was offered a phone interivew for the F27 in AFW for a captain spot. Is this unusual and if not what are some things to consider?

Not unusual at all. Everyone internally who wants to upgrade and is eligible for upgrade has been contacted and we still have some open captain positions.

The AFW base almost completely nights. We have a hot spare there - the crew is on reserve from 0100z monday night thru 1700z saturday morning - they show hot at the aircraft at 0600z Tuesday - Friday morning. They adhoc up to 3 times a week, but sometimes none at all.

We also run a flight to ICT - departing around 0720z - drop the load in ICT and deadhead back to AFW. This crew is on reserve monday mornings & are put into rest monday afternoon so they can show at 0610z for their flight. This route runs Tues-Fri.

The crew members based in AFW do both the ICT route and hot spare. As for weeks number of weeks on/off - I'm not sure - but keep in mind we are gearing up for peak - where everyone from the CEO to the janitor works their tail off for a few weeks!

Hope this helps!

If you live there, do you think it would be a pretty good gig? I'm done the regionals, and now I've flown the big iron. As long as I have a pay check, I don't care what it is I fly, I want to be back in the left seat. Plus I think living only 20 minutes from AFW, I'd be home more. What are your thought?

out of AFW is the run only ICT and MAF?

Right - I understand the situation from a couple of years ago - but according to Bling people are upset now because it has happened again- so I made a few calls and learned that it just isnt the case.

Come on man, quote me right or don't quote me at all. I said it was just a rumor albeit from a f/0 that was pretty upset over the situation. Apparently the f/0s that are just short of the time were told that they have until their checkride to be at mins in order to hold the slot and several will/would be but were passed over. And I do think a companies history speaks volumes about it's future.

Hey haulin, you get 3/4 of a regular paycheck until you pass your company checkride. Go to airlinepilotcentral.com for the exact number. Good luck with everything.

Tsky hit it on the head. We are at the whims of our customer so some things stay the same and some things change, rapidly! It's only a guess as to what they may do and for what reason. The Fokker flying is a great position for a person from that area and who has a family, because you're home during the day. But if you are after quick TPIC it would take a while before you got any real time because of the way the route is structured.

Mr. Beers, we watched the Big Lebowski coming back from OAK not too long ago. Made me want a white russian. I'm sad to say that no one goes to Juanita's any more because gringos don't appreciate fine authentic hispanic food.

i know that they will pass people over for upgrade when they see fit . i have been passed over and have witnessed others. the thing in cwa was the more senior didn't have the hours at time of bid but was told that it was the hours at time of triaining that counted which he would have that is why it is messed up. my guess is that it gets the company out of having to pay for a move. this company used to be nice now it is a hole that i wish no one would come to so it could just die. it is a 135 operator with a 121 certificate. as far as training contracts changing the terms of the contract at will vilotes and deems contract viod by doing so. so if you whant don't pay it and i know of a laywer who would love to take the case. this bothers me that they think they can do that stuff. and it kinda bothers me that people stick up for a company that screws their brothers over.

Latest resources

Back