• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 208 pilots were always pretty happy with their jobs, at least in PDX.....

Last one then I'm done. When you quit, you are sent a certified letter with the amount you owe divided by 12, that is your monthly payment. Since the amount was more than what I was paid at Empire, there was no way I could make the monthly payments they had in the letter. So lower monthly payments were established and made every month on time. Then I get a call from some nasty, low life collection agency saying I owe the balance. Apparently this was Empire's new policy. Then shortly after, Empire tacked on 12% on the balance for some reason and stopped taking my calls. I now talk directly to fedex whom is checking into things. So to recap: my contract only says that a certain amount will be paid back if the employee leaves, which is fine. However, theres nothing that says when it's to be paid back, how it's to be paid back or anything about collection agencies or added on 12%.
No, Skywest didn't make me sign a contract. So far it's been awesome and I very much appreciate the way they treat me.

Last edited:
It's 110% correct. Bid assignments SHOULD be given by seniority and what is on standing bids but thats not whats happening. Empire is standing up to it's long history of putting the people who they want, where they want. Company discretion, right?

What do I care if you rosey up the company and get another group of disgruntled pilots in your midst, I'm not the one who has to constantly hear them pi$$ and moan. I never have to pretend to like the company ever again.

I'm really not sure what Empire did to make you so angry???? Sure, in the past, Empire has done some goofy things with equipment freezes and things of that nature, but I have never seen them pass someone over for an initial captain upgrade that holds the seniority and meets the upgrade time minimums for someone junior to them, and I have been here over 3.5 years. Sure, you have to pass an eval ride to make sure that your competent too.

Yeah, sometimes they need to be a little more clear about seat locks and such, but if you meet all of the upgrade time requirements, in my experience, they go by seniority.

I can't let this one pass; do you remember Matt Seivers?
I personally had a base given to a junior pilot when I held all the requirements and was under no contract or training agreements. And from the skinny I heard yesterday the F/O's are in a twist because a junior pilot has been awarded an upgrade back east, although I'm not sure of the details.

Question? Does anyone know anything about the Fort Worth runs? Do they have standby crews or reserve? Do you have to load or sort any freight on the ATR? Do you work two weeks on one off, every day, or what?

Last edited:
I'm really not sure what Empire did to make you so angry???? Sure, in the past, Empire has done some goofy things with equipment freezes and things of that nature, but I have never seen them pass someone over for an initial captain upgrade that holds the seniority and meets the upgrade time minimums for someone junior to them, and I have been here over 3.5 years. Sure, you have to pass an eval ride to make sure that your competent too.

Yeah, sometimes they need to be a little more clear about seat locks and such, but if you meet all of the upgrade time requirements, in my experience, they go by seniority.

I'm gonna take a stab at it- he's pissed about paying the money (that's what I gather from his many posts about saying its paying back the money thats makes him so angry).
And Tsky please for the sake of humanity, stay off the Garlique pills. We now call the isolation valve the fart or Ty valve.

I'm gonna take a stab at it- he's pissed about paying the money (that's what I gather from his many posts about saying its paying back the money thats makes him so angry).
And Tsky please for the sake of humanity, stay off the Garlique pills. We now call the isolation valve the fart or Ty valve.

Blow me

Only if your as good as your mom.

Untill that post I almost had sympathy for you. But since you no longer work here feel free to keep your sewer mouth to yourself. The pilots I work with are my good friends and are like brothers to me, so a threat against them is a threat against me so don't PM me again, I have better things to do, like play with my balls.

Actually, the garlique pills are a thing of the past for now anyway-Now that I am married, my wife didn't really appreciate them. I figured if I was going to get any that I had better get rid of them. I'll keep some around for emergencies though.

That was hilarious down in the Ta with Reggie standing there in 30 kts of wind:nuts: .

Latest resources

Back