• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its way too bad for Empire, it's employees and the pilot group. John was one of the very few people in corporate that cared about the pilot group. He was a very good man. What a shame.
We lost another senior captain today. His wife went into labor and let the company know that he would be out for a few days, you know, to see his new baby. He was told tough titty so he had to quit. The pilot group is working it's tail off to improve moral and thus productivity but the company, for some unknown reason, refuses to acknowledge the pilot's easily solved problems. Since we not only lost our days off, we can now build a deficit of days off that are owed to the company. We are asking for very little but the only response we get is, "don't like it, leave!" My motto is "if it's broke, lets fix it" or maybe we can't do that.
What once was a boil seems to be turning into a full blown, malignant cancer. The pilot group has more than shown it's good intentions in improving the company, if only management would meet us half way or at least take even one step forward. Everyone is talking union which is a lose, lose situation in my book but may the only/final solution.

He was let go by EA. Whatever he chooses to do from there is up to him...

Yeah, I think that we'll all miss him-he seemed like a pretty straightforward person who was easy to talk to and from what I hear was an advocate for the pilots.

wouldn't let him have a few days off due to pregnacy wtf. soon they will not give us time off if we lost a leg in a unfortunate smelting accident.

Its way too bad for Empire, it's employees and the pilot group. John was one of the very few people in corporate that cared about the pilot group. He was a very good man. What a shame.
We lost another senior captain today. His wife went into labor and let the company know that he would be out for a few days, you know, to see his new baby. He was told tough titty so he had to quit. The pilot group is working it's tail off to improve moral and thus productivity but the company, for some unknown reason, refuses to acknowledge the pilot's easily solved problems. Since we not only lost our days off, we can now build a deficit of days off that are owed to the company. We are asking for very little but the only response we get is, "don't like it, leave!" My motto is "if it's broke, lets fix it" or maybe we can't do that.
What once was a boil seems to be turning into a full blown, malignant cancer. The pilot group has more than shown it's good intentions in improving the company, if only management would meet us half way or at least take even one step forward. Everyone is talking union which is a lose, lose situation in my book but may the only/final solution.

Clarification:/upgdate: it turned out this pilot actually did not quit and is still flying for us. Seems we are spring loaded and tension is high.

New boy..

Despite some my feelings on some issues that need addressing at EA, they have been extremelly easy to work with on getting days off for large events like the birth of my boy. Despite the rumors that were flying around before he was only a day old, EA was very understanding and has not even called me regarding not going to work on Monday.. Later, BT

looks like you got a little linebacker in training. congragulations.hope the wife and child are doing well. enjoy the vaca.

Congrats on your new son and I hope all goes well with him and your wife. Hopefully you find some comfort in knowing your fellow pilots totally have your back.

Latest resources

Back