• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question? Does anyone know anything about the Fort Worth runs? Do they have standby crews or reserve? Do you have to load or sort any freight on the ATR? Do you work two weeks on one off, every day, or what?

There is only an F-27 in AFW right now, and no, we don't have to load or sort freight. I belive that all of the AFW pilots are based there to man a hot spare, and I guess that it is like airport reserve. Everyone has the same type of schedule. Even though you may not fly much, I would plan on working 5 days a week down there, although you may get a little bit of extra time off occasionally.

Now that I am married...:nuts: .

Tsky is all grown up now. It seems like it was just yesterday he had to cut short his conversation with a hot Horizon Air flight attendant so he could take an emergency dump in a Dash-8 lav.

Listening to you guys almost makes me wish I was back at the SEA base...almost. Who's doing YVR on the 29th? I have a trip that ends in OAK at 1100PM. I'll buy if you want to go to La Pinata.

So it is. Being junior in OAK means a lot of late release times. Hopefully Blingair, TSKY, Thunderworm, or I. Sharted will want to go for some Mexican food.

So it is. Being junior in OAK means a lot of late release times. Hopefully Blingair, TSKY, Thunderworm, or I. Sharted will want to go for some Mexican food.

That would be sweet-just like old times. I'll be down there next week if you happen to be around.

Double the beans and some extra salsa please.

I can't let this one pass; do you remember Matt Seivers?
I personally had a base given to a junior pilot when I held all the requirements and was under no contract or training agreements. And from the skinny I heard yesterday the F/O's are in a twist because a junior pilot has been awarded an upgrade back east, although I'm not sure of the details.

I checked on this junior pilot thing... the guy with the hours to upgrade got the upgrade. Yes he is junior to the guy that doesn't have the hours. Just the way it works...Hopefully the other guy will get it next time around...

I was offered a phone interivew for the F27 in AFW for a captain spot. Is this unusual and if not what are some things to consider?

I was offered a phone interivew for the F27 in AFW for a captain spot. Is this unusual and if not what are some things to consider?

Right now most ATR FOs are reluctant to take an upgrade because they want to stay in the ATR and avoid a seat lock. I would imagine that we don't have enough F-27 FOs who have enough flight time and desire to move to AFW. I would expect to sign an 18 month training contact.

I checked on this junior pilot thing... the guy with the hours to upgrade got the upgrade. Yes he is junior to the guy that doesn't have the hours. Just the way it works...Hopefully the other guy will get it next time around...

This was a situation that arouse a couple of years ago during the transition from the F-27 to the ATR regarding seat locks and such.

This was a situation that arouse a couple of years ago during the transition from the F-27 to the ATR regarding seat locks and such.

Right - I understand the situation from a couple of years ago - but according to Bling people are upset now because it has happened again- so I made a few calls and learned that it just isnt the case.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back