Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said I wanted to be anything else ferrying is fun total kick in the pants and makes you know your alive.

Let me get this straight....you were only thinking of becoming a ferry pilot when you began taking flying lessons.

Let me explain another reason why Ndub is considered abnoxious and seems so full of himself to many pilots. I never really had a problem with him and thought he's probably a pretty nice guy and all so I took up for him a time or two.

Then one night over at P R O P I L O T W O R L D . C O M we were having one of our "bored room" chats that was set up for a Q&A session with a special guest. The guest was from a private aviation security firm and put a lot of work into creating a little presentation for us and answering a set of challenging questions about TSA, VIP security, etc...

Well as the chat progresses we're all following the protocol and know to hold our questions until the end....except for NDub...he barged in about his personal issues with security and how his wife had been detained. We gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he didn't know the rules and told him he needed to wait. He refused to listen and continued to barge in as if he was on a mission to disrupt the special guest. Because he had personal issues with a security experience when ferrying a plane to Lebanon and something that caused his wife to be detained (who he obviously doesn't care about as he brags about running with other women) he felt obliged to barge in and ruin a very well done guest chat session.

He was only there to attack the guy and was dumb enough to keep lumping him in with TSA. We were all blown away at his selfishness, immaturity, and what appears to be a problem with his judgement while constantly appearing to be a lush in need of some help. He was asked to leave and to accept a refund of his membership dues as he is incapable of having even the smallest measure of respect for professionalism in aviation.

Last edited:
NWpilot, knocking those guys who fly the 1900's for Great Lakes isn't going to make you any friends. Talking down about others isn't going to make you any friends. I am sure you're making yourself a reputation as a ferry pilot...

As to great contacts? You've already pissed off enough people in the industry to effectively ruin yourself if you don't have a major attitude adjustment and spend a long time, for lack of a better word, repenting for all your past sins. There are different ways of going about things and your way is not the right one.

For instance the airlines are too not for me, but you never know what hands life deals you and who you will be your friend tomorrow so I'd be careful about throwing some libel around about the people who are the most numerous in this industry...airline pilots. They move on to corporate jobs, charter jobs and ferry jobs. They know people. I'd bet that most people who have been around the business even for a few years as a professional are only a few degrees off of knowing everyone in the industry.

You're splashing in a very small pool and you're heading into the deep end without your water wings. When the time comes you start sinking are you sure someone is going to come help you...?

We have tried to explain that to him many times. He doesn't want to listen.

Landlover

So let me get this straight:

Taking a job in piston crossing the pond = idiot

Flying night freight in a Lear = okay

hum.... I think that's flawed logic.

I think both are pretty risky.

You dont have it straight. Not anywhere close.

I am a professional and have been trained as such. Numerous type ratings, international courses, recurrent PC's and the like.

NW_Pilot had never flown an Aero Commander before this endeavor. And has not been trained on one. All he needs is the keys and the POH. Just like his signature states. He only has 50 hours multi to begin with.

And for the record on another website we heard from someone who has over 4000 hours of Aero Commander time and many many ferries. He said there was no way in hell he would do what NW_Pilot is trying to do.

There is a big difference to minimizing a risky situation and just being plain stupid. NW_Pilot nor you seem to know the difference.

I am sorry DIRT but with only 700 hours you really don't have the knowledge nor the education to know what you are talking about. Thats not a put down thats just a fact.

In what universe would those be anywhere close to the same risk factor?

Actually, now that I think about it I can think of one scenario where the risk factor would be the same.

Let me get this straight....you were only thinking of becoming a ferry pilot when you began taking flying lessons.

Let me explain another reason why Ndub is considered abnoxious and seems so full of himself to many pilots. I never really had a problem with him and thought he's probably a pretty nice guy and all so I took up for him a time or two.

Then one night over at P R O P I L O T W O R L D . C O M we were having one of our "bored room" chats that was set up for a Q&A session with a special guest. The guest was from a private aviation security firm and put a lot of work into creating a little presentation for us and answering a set of challenging questions about TSA, VIP security, etc...

Well as the chat progresses we're all following the protocol and know to hold our questions until the end....except for NDub...he barged in about his personal issues with security and how his wife had been detained. We gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he didn't know the rules and told him he needed to wait. He refused to listen and continued to barge in as if he was on a mission to disrupt the special guest. Because he had personal issues with a security experience when ferrying a plane to Lebanon and something that caused his wife to be detained (who he obviously doesn't care about as he brags about running with other women) he felt obliged to barge in and ruin a very well done guest chat session.

He was only there to attack the guy and was dumb enough to keep lumping him in with TSA. We were all blown away at his selfishness, immaturity, and what appears to be a problem with his judgement while constantly appearing to be a lush in need of some help. He was asked to leave and to accept a refund of his membership dues as he is incapable of having even the smallest measure of respect for professionalism in aviation.

Whatever! I will not respond to anything further OT! professional flamers have fun!!!!!

Dirt. Will disagree with you on this.

A Piston crossing the Pond in my opinion has way more risk involved!!

I know the risk's and the consequences in what I do and I accept them which most do not. Then people keep trying to tell me the risk's and the consequences of the way I earn a living!

Anytime when you move yourself faster than a walking pace you risk death! Hell some have gotten killed just walking do I stop walking? Hell no!

Each person has their own amount of acceptable risk and it varies! See you all in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back