• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm confused.

What model commander is it? What engines does it have?

Are you flying this single pilot?

Did the weather cause you to scrub your trip last night?

500A commanders have the "bathtub" nacelles. The only 560s that had the bathtubs were the A's and E's(and you see very few of these)... 560F models had the flat nacelles just like the 500B(the most common commander). The 520(the only one with the straight tail) had the GO-435s with the bathtubs and was the first production commander, then the 560, then the 500(I believe). The 560A & E had the GO-480s and the "F" had IGO-540. And then on to the 600 series...I'll stop now.

NW is still going to orphan a child one day. It'll be a shame.

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm confused.

What model commander is it? What engines does it have?

Are you flying this single pilot?

Did the weather cause you to scrub your trip last night?

Aero Commander 500, 0-540-A2B Engines, Single Pilot, Over Gross (special Flight Permit) Flight was Scrubbed due to Active MOA in middle of flight path 120NM+ diversion to go around leaving fuel reserve below my minimums and VFR @ 5,000' or less was too low for HF comms with AIRINC. Gona give it a go in the morning if all is good weather wise CB's are building around HI last few days.

I am also sick of Lockheed Martin FSS not giving notams, not filing flight plan's or knowing how to do an ICAO flight plan or the briefer will just hanging up on you because they don't understand your notes when you give the over gross statement on the flight plan and asking for No Changes, No SID, Climb rate of 300FPM or less, times to way points, or FIR's etc. They almost have a meltdown when you ask them for a weather brief along a oceanic route and when you tell them your filing for FL080 hahahahah they have a brain hemorrhage. FAA please sh!t can Lockheed Martin ASAP....

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/856_1181830341_nwpilot.jpg

Now now folks...leave my hero alone. I figure I'll be able to kick alcoholism by drinking to NWpilot's adventures. Soon enough he'll be out of adventures because he turned himself into a floating cork in the ocean cleverly disguised as shark bait.

Honestly, NW...what the heck are you thinking? Do you really think that everyone who says you're stupid is just messing with you? You're in so far over your head you don't even see the top of the well you fell into. You're going to kill yourself flying these ********************box airplanes all over the place with no experience in them and arguable experience to be doing them in any airplane in the first place. Who's going to provide for your family when you finally find yourself in the ocean and give in to hypothermia surrounded by sharks having your skin burned by the fuel in the water? Does being a self employed ferry pilot have good life insurance benefits so they have something other than an empty casket to bury? Get your head out of your ass, start thinking about your innocent family and stop making these dumb decisions.

I'd let you in the pool for release date of your NTSB factual report but you won't be around to collect your winnings.

So how is he supposed to get experience....by not flying?

Sounded like to me, he knows what he is doing.

And yes, I have flown many Atlantic and Pacific crossings in small aircraft.

AK

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/856_1181830341_nwpilot.jpg

Now now folks...leave my hero alone. I figure I'll be able to kick alcoholism by drinking to NWpilot's adventures. Soon enough he'll be out of adventures because he turned himself into a floating cork in the ocean cleverly disguised as shark bait.

Honestly, NW...what the heck are you thinking? Do you really think that everyone who says you're stupid is just messing with you? You're in so far over your head you don't even see the top of the well you fell into. You're going to kill yourself flying these ********************box airplanes all over the place with no experience in them and arguable experience to be doing them in any airplane in the first place. Who's going to provide for your family when you finally find yourself in the ocean and give in to hypothermia surrounded by sharks having your skin burned by the fuel in the water? Does being a self employed ferry pilot have good life insurance benefits so they have something other than an empty casket to bury? Get your head out of your ass, start thinking about your innocent family and stop making these dumb decisions.

I'd let you in the pool for release date of your NTSB factual report but you won't be around to collect your winnings.

So your the crank caller! (edit) You!!!!

MOD EDIT: The Terms Of Service of flight info prohibit "creative spelling" of curse words. That along with directing the expletive towards another member of the board awards you the privilege of a short term banning from Flight Info. If your going to dispute things, you can do it civilly. This comment accomplished absolutely nothing except getting you banned.

The rules of Flight Info are right here

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=83043

I would highly recommend reading them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how is he supposed to get experience....by not flying?

Sounded like to me, he knows what he is doing.

And yes, I have flown many Atlantic and Pacific crossings in small aircraft.

AK

Dam Right!!! They just don't got the balls! Sissys!!!

Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back