Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he is hopping into complex aircraft without any training in the plane..... thats enough for me.

I haven't heard any criticism of his oceanic flight planning, international procedures, or applicable training... just a lot of personal attacks including posting a photo. Very professional indeed. If you have specific criticisms, please sir, enlighten us.

Well departing off a 5800' runway when a 10,000' runway is available less than 10 nm away would certainly be one criticism.

How about having no mechanical backup to transfer fuel to the engines in the case of electrical failure?

And with such limited multi-engine time, I question whether he's really the man to be taking off in a multi-engine aircraft 1500 pounds overweight.

I need to give credit to reading the above points on another pro pilot website, but I felt they were worthy of posting over here.

I haven't heard any criticism of his oceanic flight planning, international procedures, or applicable training... just a lot of personal attacks including posting a photo. Very professional indeed. If you have specific criticisms, please sir, enlighten us.

Well the others have already posted what would be my main concerns.

Bottom line he lacks just about every applicable qualification I could come up with.

1. I'd bet he has not been to a reputable international training provider.
2. Has no experience in the aircraft.
3. From the looks of the photos he's posting the preparations made to the aircraft for such a flight are questionable at best. (near impossible emergency egress, no mechanical backup for ferry tank fuel transfer, etc..)
4. The airplane he is doing this in has a very checkered past which I doubt he bothered to look in to before accepting the job.
5. Electing a short runway for departure.

There's more but what's the point ?

Last edited:
If you've never done it, you can't comment. Only those of us who have can have an opinion.

Thats like saying if you have never been the President of the USA then you can't comment on his performance.

Give me a break.

This guy is about to get himself killed. Many people here and on other messages boards have told him so and have tried to help him. He refuses to listen and is quite arrogant in bragging about his on stupidity.

1. I'd bet he has not been to a reputable international training provider.
2. Has no experience in the aircraft.
3. From the looks of the photos he's posting the preparations made to the aircraft for such a flight are questionable at best. (near impossible emergency egress, no mechanical backup for ferry tank fuel transfer, etc..)
4. The airplane he is doing this in has a very checkered past which I doubt he bothered to look in to before accepting the job.
5. Electing a short runway for departure.

Fair enough!

If we didn;t have people like NW Pilot 1000 yrs ago, America would never have been discovered!! The Vikings and later Colombus sure did have some stones!

Imagine launching in a C-172 into areas of FRZA and destination and alternate both reporting 100 OVC! Imagine penetrating a solid line of level 5 and 6 cells! Sounds crazy but the Vikings crossing the Atlantic in the 10th century in makeshift boats knowingly and willfully took risks that are at least as dangerous as the aformention scenarios I mentioned!!

If it weren't for them our lives would not be what they are now!!

If we didn;t have people like NW Pilot 1000 yrs ago, America would never have been discovered!! The Vikings and later Colombus sure did have some stones!

Really. You seemed to have overlooked a few minor points. First of which the Vikings and Columbus were using the then 'state of art' most advanced ships and equiptment of their day. Columbus didn't set off to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a row boat with a couple of bottles of water. He formed a convoy of three ships packed with supplies and had the best navigators of the day on board. Columbus was a very experienced sailor.

No, your analogy is very flawed.

People like NW Pilot cause setbacks in human endeavors of all magnitudes.

Imagine launching in a C-172 into areas of FRZA and destination and alternate both reporting 100 OVC! Imagine penetrating a solid line of level 5 and 6 cells! Sounds crazy but the Vikings crossing the Atlantic in the 10th century in makeshift boats knowingly and willfully took risks that are at least as dangerous as the aformention scenarios I mentioned!!

You have a point, unfortunately it has nothing to do with this discussion.

The Vikings were going with what they had and preparing accordingly to further their ambitions in a new world. NW_Pilot isn't doing anything for mankind, just busting out poorly prepared and unqualified without considering all the angles.

What was the life expectancy for people living during the times of The Vikings and Columbus?

I am guessing about mid thirties or so.

Today the life expectancy is upwards of late 70's.

Of course NW_Pilot is doing his darndest to bring that down a notch.

Do any of us really know what kind of preparations NW_Pilot has done? Yeah his slogan sounds kind of reckless but does anybody know what kind of training he has had? I don't and because of that, I'm not going to pass judgment. Goodluck and happy flying NW_pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back