Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of us really know what kind of preparations NW_Pilot has done? Yeah his slogan sounds kind of reckless but does anybody know what kind of training he has had? I don't and because of that, I'm not going to pass judgment. Goodluck and happy flying NW_pilot

On another site he told someone he would be happy to ferry his Lear 24 across the pond. Of course he has no jet time and doesn't know the first thing about high performance jets.

All he wanted was a quick and dirty LJ type and then his friend could come with him who had flown a few Citations.

At first we thought he was kidding.

Nope, he was serious.

Interesting

All the pilots with time and experience are saying this guy is friggin nuts.

All the pilots with low time and minimal experience are saying the guy is a trailblazer.

Hmmm

Interesting

All the pilots with time and experience are saying this guy is friggin nuts.

All the pilots with low time and minimal experience are saying the guy is a trailblazer.

Hmmm

Very good point. I just noticed that.

His ban is lifted in 14 hours. Maybe he can discuss things like a adult when he comes back.

Do any of us really know what kind of preparations NW_Pilot has done? Yeah his slogan sounds kind of reckless but does anybody know what kind of training he has had? I don't and because of that, I'm not going to pass judgment. Goodluck and happy flying NW_pilot

It's not just a jump in and go like most people think it's a hell of a lot of planning.... bad planning you end up in the drink. Thanks for not passing judgment.

Well departing off a 5800' runway when a 10,000' runway is available less than 10 nm away would certainly be one criticism.

Runway length is ok, Ferry Permit limits type of flight over populated areas like the ones surrounding OAK and SFO. Services there are slim for the required operations.

How about having no mechanical backup to transfer fuel to the engines in the case of electrical failure?

Chance of both alternators failing is slim and pump is hooked to battery directly on 10 amp breakers. Can transfer fuel in to the main 10min and the main pump can run on the battery for 3 hours back up for more than 8.

And with such limited multi-engine time, I question whether he's really the man to be taking off in a multi-engine aircraft 1500 pounds overweight.

How much overweight experiance do you have?

I need to give credit to reading the above points on another pro pilot website, but I felt they were worthy of posting over here.

Last edited:
Well the others have already posted what would be my main concerns.

Bottom line he lacks just about every applicable qualification I could come up with.

1. I'd bet he has not been to a reputable international training provider.
2. Has no experience in the aircraft.
3. From the looks of the photos he's posting the preparations made to the aircraft for such a flight are questionable at best. (near impossible emergency egress, no mechanical backup for ferry tank fuel transfer, etc..)
4. The airplane he is doing this in has a very checkered past which I doubt he bothered to look in to before accepting the job.
5. Electing a short runway for departure.

There's more but what's the point ?

1, Yes I have! What better than a Ferry Pilot thats done it for more then 30 years!!!!
2, Some Commander Time
3, Not my tank install and is FAA approved.
3, I have a Crash AXE and I will chop through window quick before the water but chance of the tanks not crushing you on impact hahaha... whats the point.
4, Yea I looked!!!
5, Runway length was just fine!!! There is a smaller one here so my choice was right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back