• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My entire outlook on SWA has changed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait...Wait....don't tell me. ....Fudgie, you're in Nome at the BOT. And Barack is in Barrow.....which is Dry so too bad for you Barack. Everyone dreams of a career like yours......which explains why there are no threads on any forum about Alaska. Who Cares?

Not that I care, but wtf are you talking about? Who's Barack?
Speaking of "dry," maybe you should try it sometime. Put down the bottle.......

Not that I care, but wtf are you talking about? Who's Barack?
Speaking of "dry," maybe you should try it sometime. Put down the bottle.......

The Current Occupant of the white house. Your avatar bore a striking similarity to his speech tonight. And your knowledge of anything important was identical as well. Zero.

The Current Occupant of the white house. Your avatar bore a striking similarity to his speech tonight. And your knowledge of anything important was identical as well. Zero.

Alrighty, then, chief.....
I forgot, you referred to me as a left winger a couple of days ago.....
You keep it up with your stellar detective skills and intuition.

Actually, Fubi is correct. Normally the joint contract is done prior to the SLI with arbitration

Tell me again what joint contract your talking about? Please be specific..

You seem to really be having a hard time understanding this isn't an ALPA-ALPA ISL.

"But SWA pukes don't get it because their whole argument for stealing AAI seniority is the fact that AAI guys are getting a pay raise."

Fubi,

Don't forget the other arguments in favor of SWA:

- AAI was purchased
- GK is the CEO of both companies
- We are an older group
- We have more retirements
- We have a much better CBA (AAI pilot gains as per AIP1 and MEC = 2.0 BILLION, SWA pilot gains = 188 million) this is just money, not to mention better health benefits, work rules and retirement plan.

I suppose you are concerned about SL precedence because SWA may purchase Alaska some day...I wouldn't worry about it too much...life is short.

And remember many AAI pilots WANT to work at SWA (we had AAI CPs leave to start at the bottom at SWA...

But you know all the arguments...

You want to see arbitration and a resultant seniority slap for the SWA pilots who you deem arrogant...They may still happen if AAI or SWA pilots vote the SWA SL proposal down...you never know...I am glad the career concerns of others have given you entertainment.

Tell me again what joint contract your talking about? Please be specific..

You seem to really be having a hard time understanding this isn't an ALPA-ALPA ISL.

I think OYS was talking about the process it took for the ONLY successful merger so far. You know, the way your group chose NOT to take, and may end up like USAir II. THAT IS FANTASTIC. Good for you Redflyer! Here's to years of flipping off Airtran guys in the jetways. Sounds fun.

Bye Bye---General Lee

"But SWA pukes don't get it because their whole argument for stealing AAI seniority is the fact that AAI guys are getting a pay raise."

Fubi,

Don't forget the other arguments in favor of SWA:

- AAI was purchased
- GK is the CEO of both companies
- We are an older group
- We have more retirements
- We have a much better CBA (AAI pilot gains as per AIP1 and MEC = 2.0 BILLION, SWA pilot gains = 188 million) this is just money, not to mention better health benefits, work rules and retirement plan.

I suppose you are concerned about SL precedence because SWA may purchase Alaska some day...I wouldn't worry about it too much...life is short.

And remember many AAI pilots WANT to work at SWA (we had AAI CPs leave to start at the bottom at SWA...

But you know all the arguments...

You want to see arbitration and a resultant seniority slap for the SWA pilots who you deem arrogant...They may still happen if AAI or SWA pilots vote the SWA SL proposal down...you never know...I am glad the career concerns of others have given you entertainment.

Madjack,

A lot of those points were shot down in the DL/NWA arbitration. NWA had a lot more older pilots (DL had 2000 or so Captains leave prior to BK, so DL was a younger group), and a lot more retirements coming up. That didn't matter. DL "bought" NWA, but NWA had more cash on hand. Didn't matter to arbitrators. Delta had a better contract in most ways (not all), and the two groups got a joint contract done PRIOR to arbitration, so everyone was on the same playing field.

As far as SWA buying AK, very doubtful. AK has feed agreements with some legacies that want that to stay in place. If SWA ever tried to make a play at AK, I think there would be some hefty competition. Just a guess.

And your group, on FI and other boards, really seems confident on what SHOULD happen with your situation. Unfortunately everyone else has already been through this, and even after warning you on very likely conculusions, your group doesn't seem to care. Well, it may be a very harsh wakeup call for you coming up here.

Bye Bye---General Lee

For all of you trying to compare AAI/SWA to DAL/NWA please stop. The reason this merger was successful was because the carriers' pilots had very similar career expectations AND gobs of retirements.

How many applications were on file from the respective airlines?

Please answer this question before continuing to pontificate on apples vs oranges.

USair was an abortion because the pilot groups were miles apart. Just like this one. Fortunately our management is ahead of this problem, not just SWAPA. The ONLY way to stop Usair part deux is to prevent this from going to arbitration one way or another. GK has been quite vocal about his ability to adjust the plan for this acquisition. Call his hand if you think he is bluffing.

Latest resources

Back