• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My entire outlook on SWA has changed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All problems solved with a universal standard which we live by every day in our careers. I enjoy watching the fight knowing all along how easy this mess can be solved. Argue away boyz!

All problems solved with a universal standard which we live by every day in our careers. I enjoy watching the fight knowing all along how easy this mess can be solved. Argue away boyz!

So XX years at Great Lakes equals XX years at Delta?

Got it,
Gup

this is one great thread, almost better than the "How deep is the UAL pool" from 1999. That is when jumping from SWA, Fedex, UPS to a major was the ultimate career path.

It sure can...all SLI by DoH. Works for F/As.

Texman,

Thanks.

I recently moved into a house where my wife's sister and husband lives on one side; on the other side is a very nice couple with two kids but not related.

I speak to my non-relative neighbors when we cross paths; I agreed to share the cost of building a fence. We talked about drainage issues and found compromises. I don't like the fact their light shines at night occasionally on to my property but I live with it. It violates the HOA rules but I don't want to make a fuss about it; I want good neighbors. They have a dog but has no access to my yard, I'm sure he would like new areas to explore.

My brother-in-law and I share fences and have a gate that allows their dog to run freely from yard to yard. He does his business in my yard at times and my sister-in-law gets mad at the dog but hey, their family so no big deal. If he had a light shining in my yard, he'd shut it down at the first hint of it bothering me. We share tools and freely swap many things (not wives!). We help each other out quite a bit and wouldn't hesitate to make personal sacrifices to make things better for the other.

There are some things I would do for one neighbor that I wouldn't do for the other. Why? Because it is family? Does that make me a bad person?

I wouldn't expect my non-family neighbor to demand of me or even ask me to do for them some things but in most cases I would probably help them; up to the point that it would hurt my own family or family members.

If my non-family neighbors were to somehow by marriage become "family" of course things would change. We all do things for family that we don't do for non-family members.

It isn't because we're bad people or are prideful that "my family" is better than "your family"...it is how things are and probably should be.

The analogy can be shot down I realize; no one asked the AAI pilots if they wanted this marriage.

None of the SWA employees did either.

That being said, I still treat AAI employees like my non-family neighbors (respectfully but with the understanding there are limits)

Don't take the following as a negative ..I will treat AAI employees as equal family members once they have their SWA IDs....not because they have earned it they had no choice in the matter) but because they are now my co-workers and I will go to war for them and with the same vigor I defend my current fellow employees.

I've never been through a merger and never worked at another airline.

I don't know what is deemed "acceptable behavior during a merger is".

I don't buy into having others, particularly those persons who work at airlines who have little positive to say about their own airline to attempt to turn the tables and bash my own airline for behavior that doesn't meet some preconceived idea of "acceptable airline merger behavior".

They can post and rant if they wish but if we don't apologize it isn't because we're arrogant, it is because we simply disagree.

And while there are no doubt posters that are over the top on both sides, I won't apologize for being very prideful but humble for the airline I work for. I don't make apologies for the CEO when he is doing what he thinks is best for the entire company and its culture.

I hope we see the AAI pilots on our seniority list sooner rather than later and with the same attitudes that has made AAI a successful airline. I suspect their professionalism and positive attitude will be displayed more often than cyncism over any dislikes they may have toward the SLI or its process. That is my hope anyway.

sorry for the length....too much free time in the airport waiting for a redeye!!

I agree 100% with your post.

The thing that has rocked my boat is the lack of education of what MB and AM is and how it CAN NOT tell a company how to run it's business.

So here we are faced with the biggest challenge in our companies history. This acquisition will make or brake this company. I truly believe that AT will step up and put their former airline to rest and we will be one.

The one thing that I dislike, is the ALPA mind set. It is unfortunate that The majority of the airline industry is soaked in this mind set.

Has ALPA done good for the industry? Yes! But they have become a big corporation of making money off pilots and destroying airlines. It's called GREED. I DO NOT WANT THAT MIND SET AT SWA. I have been very vocal about that in DALLAS.

Is SWAPA perfect no, but the boy's and girl's that are there are trying like hell to not only help us pilots but preserve the success sharing mind set. This is a culture of it's own.

If there is a bad apple at AT and we know we have them too, I bet they can and will change once they are treated like a person and a professional, but in a fun way.

So we are faced with "taken the higher road". No matter how the sli will come out, I will have fun with my new co-workers. If we foster a fun environment we will overcome.

Uh, no they don't. I'm looking at the list right now and 12228-12230 are all on the DC9 in DTW.

That's what I was told, but they are junior to me. Regardless, there are some ER FOs in the bottom group of pilots. Thanks for checking brainiac.

Godspeed!

OYS

Latest resources

Back