Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I appreciate the communication.

So how do we fix this impasse???

Tell our MEC to go with SmartPref because the company wants out of Flightline anyway.

XJT pilot group trusts McPickle, I think we should give him and this SmartPref a chance

Last edited:
Would it be easier to have flightline modify its award logic to work more in line with the smartperf logic? Not totally redesign the system....

Well......I'm NOT gonna say go with smartpref "because the company wants out of flightline anyway" But I am gonna convey my support for reviewing Smartpref.

After everything I'VE read, including the Prefbid vendor letter, I don't believe that enough study was dedicated to Smartpref by our MEC. It has always puzzled me why our MEC pushed prefbid SOOO hard. REALLY hard. It has ALWAYS looked fishy.

Kickback fishy....If not that, something else....6 hour pay? I don't know

I'll let them know, but I don't have any confidence they will listen or care. Our union is so broken I fear it is way beyond repair.

Now y'all see why we like Steve so much. He works his rear-end off for the pilots and always has done so. I've been at this company since 2005 and since then I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad thing about him. We're lucky to have him.

Now y'all see why we like Steve so much. He works his rear-end off for the pilots and always has done so. I've been at this company since 2005 and since then I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a bad thing about him. We're lucky to have him.

I'm thinking bigger picture on this one.

It's amazing how LOOOOOOONNNNNNG this information has been available to ANYBODY that wanted it. Yet it went ignored.

It's also amazing how LOOOOOOOOOONNNNG certain people kept their head buried in the sand with a "you guys don't know what your talking about" on this whole thing.

Would it be easier to have flightline modify its award logic to work more in line with the smartperf logic? Not totally redesign the system....

A big selling point for smartpref is the live interaction. Not that it shows you what you will get for sure, but it gives you infinite amount of strategies to play with in order to see what happens. In EVERY other PBS system, you don't know until your line is awarded. In other words, if you accidentally screwed something up, you will know when it's too late. With smartpref, if you tell it I want ABC but then spits out, instantaneously, XYZ, you know right away that something went wrong and you should go back and change your bid. All BEFORE the bid closes. This, in my worthless opinion, is HUGE!

A big selling point for smartpref is the live interaction. Not that it shows you what you will get for sure, but it gives you infinite amount of strategies to play with in order to see what happens. In EVERY other PBS system, you don't know until your line is awarded. In other words, if you accidentally screwed something up, you will know when it's too late. With smartpref, if you tell it I want ABC but then spits out, instantaneously, XYZ, you know right away that something went wrong and you should go back and change your bid. All BEFORE the bid closes. This, in my worthless opinion, is HUGE!

It's funny how those that don't want to listen (ignorants) scream about the lack of an "audit trail".

The live interaction feature takes care of that.

We have a prelim award a few days before bid close to check our bids. It addresses the EXACT same issues. That, AND an audit trail.

The audit trail is something that needs impovement on smartpref. No argument there. There is a diagostics tab that we have access to but not in the production version. But it's half written in binary and the other half in aramaic! :)

We have a prelim award a few days before bid close to check our bids. It addresses the EXACT same issues. That, AND an audit trail.

In smartpref I can bid a certain way and see what it gives me. If I don't like it or something just seems off, then I can try something different and see the results. If I change my mind two days later, I can put in a whole different strategy and see what happens, see if I can even hold that. It'll tell me instantaneously. I can literally do this hundreds of times with a hundred different strategies, if I really wanted to, and see each time what the results may look like. I can massage my strategy many different times to see what it gives me in order to get something that looks as much as what I want, considering my seniority of course. It's not just one prelim award, where many people will change afterward because its totally different from what they wanted or maybe they need a different day off now or etc etc. Think prelim awards for upgrade/base transfers, if you have those. They were almost useless because many people would change their bid and the final award look very different. With instantaneous feedback, people would see right away if it works for them or not and try something different if they wanted to. Not just one or two shots at getting it right and done. That to me is huge. I don't see how that is not better than one prelim award.

Latest resources

Back