• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More planes for ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's the thing, this is not about outsmarting Jerry, it's about the ASA MEC. And our 50 seat rates are barely below ASA 70 seat rates, so an arbitration would result in rates at least as low as ASA's. But let's see how this all plays out, we will know by the end of March.

BINGO! These rates will go to arbitration per the current XJT CBA if (when) no agreement is reached on pay rates. The industry standard is well below the current ASA rates.....It's really sad watching a bunch of 20 and 30 something XJT pilots think they can outsmart Jerry....

By the way....It's not "more" airplanes for XJT...It's going to be like the Delta deal...Bigger airplanes, but fewer of them....

I don't believe these aircraft are for DAL, if they even exist. So it wouldn't be the same kind of deal. But it does seem as though your uncle Jerry bypassed your boys on this move. Now, watch from the Peanut gallery and learn how it's done.;)

BINGO! These rates will go to arbitration per the current XJT CBA if (when) no agreement is reached on pay rates. The industry standard is well below the current ASA rates.....It's really sad watching a bunch of 20 and 30 something XJT pilots think they can outsmart Jerry....

By the way....It's not "more" airplanes for XJT...It's going to be like the Delta deal...Bigger airplanes, but fewer of them....

You really think the industry standard is "well" below the ASA rate? The ASA rate is the standard, but work rules make a bit of a difference.

I bet if I ever met you in person, the first thing I would think is that I would never remember your name.

No new planes yet. The company just wants to bid on flying.... For when they drop the axe on the 145s.

In the end they'll probably be a 2:1 swap ( net decrease) for $5/hr more. Nothing to get too exited over.

what is the source of this new rumor/informtion? Care to share any details

A union blastmail last night sent to XJT pilots. Again, they're not saying that there is an order, only that the company would like to negotiate rates looking ahead at new opportunities.

The irony here is that it looks like the LXJT group are going to be the sellouts now. They are pushing a PBS system that management wants because it is more effecient and now they are going to negotiate lower rates for 70-90 seat flying. Oh the irony. Of course that group has negotiated concessions before.

No new planes yet. The company just wants to bid on flying.... For when they drop the axe on the 145s.

In the end they'll probably be a 2:1 swap ( net decrease) for $5/hr more. Nothing to get too exited over.

The CAL CPA calls for replacement of 75 ERJs with larger aircraft as leases expire and addition of 15 growth aircraft. The leases begin to expire sometime later this year and the last lease expires in 2021.

A union blastmail last night sent to XJT pilots. Again, they're not saying that there is an order, only that the company would like to negotiate rates looking ahead at new opportunities.

Looking back and rereading our contract, it doesn't say that. Section 26 is written the way it is to gain as much leverage as possible. It's not a what if type scenario. There has to be some concrete aircraft. As much as I hate the whole "managing expectations" aspect of these type of deals, I'm sure that is what our MEC is doing here. Treading lightly.

The irony here is that it looks like the LXJT group are going to be the sellouts now. They are pushing a PBS system that management wants because it is more effecient and now they are going to negotiate lower rates for 70-90 seat flying. Oh the irony. Of course that group has negotiated concessions before.

If that's true than maybe you need to get on board!;). By the way, our concessionary 50 seat compensation is still within a percentage or two of your 76 compensation.

Last edited:
What about the part that the total UNITED Xpress fleet has to be reduced by about 130 aircraft? So, if this is the case, where will those planes come from?

I'm one of the 30 you speak of, and that's not the case at all ;)

Latest resources

Back