• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More planes for ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I took that memo to be shot across the bow of Lxjt to get in line or "you'll be left out of any future growth opportunities and you will wither and die"....but I suppose it could be that our management hates our pbs......nah....

I hope that was sarcasm because that was the ASA bow that shot went across, not LXJT. I don't understand how else you could take that.

Let me be pragmatic, Nevets. There is no number I could quote on here that you would actually believe. Also, if legacyExpressjet and ASA MECs did its diligence, that would already have been determined.

My point in asking you to find out from your MEC was that they don't know anyway because they are the ones who haven't done their due diligence. You honestly believe that the company has agreed to use smartpref without knowing its true cost?

Someone help me out, but if they're bidding on the Embraer side, wouldnt that imply they can have a cheaper cost? Or at least negotiating for a cheaper cost? Why go through the world of bidding a more expensive product? This is not a warning to the Embraer brothers to get in line, this is a warning to all that they're not waiting for the pilots to bid on new flying.

That would be true except that it was the ASA MEC who threw down the flight line ultimatum. It was them who said they are willing to hold up the merger indefinitely until management agreed to use flight line for all pilots. No sir, this was a message to your MEC that they are not waiting for the ASA MEC to move forward in this company.

Last edited:
I hope that was sarcasm because that was the ASA bow that shot went across, not LXJT. I don't understand how else you could take that.

My point in asking you to find out from your MEC was that they don't know anyway because they are the ones who haven't done their due diligence. You honestly believe that the company has agreed to use smartpref without knowing its true cost?

In honesty, yes. They absolutely agreed to flight line without knowing its true cost.

Nevets, you don't listen to facts you don't agree with, so it's futile continuing. Good day to you, sir.

You haven't stated any facts. You are just saying that nobody knows. I'm telling you, the company and crewing solutions have sat down and SIGNED an agreement. They know.

What is that, like an agreement in principal? There is no "shot across the bow". I love these guys....

Let me be pragmatic, Nevets. There is no number I could quote on here that you would actually believe.

Possibly. But you're one of the smarter/more level headed of the bunch. Just like Centralpilot.

But if there ACTUALLY was a number, I'm sure we could count on some finger in his ears/head in the sand pilot to make up a cheaper number for flightline. Crying foul about how "those dam ERJ pilots are militant, we'll all be out of jobs if they don't get on board and be cost competitive!! Jerry doesn't play games!!!!!!"

On the conference call over a year ago, Jerry said he wanted to "re-fleet" ExpressJet. Looks like it may be coming.

You guys are getting mixed up on the definition of "costs". The company goofed it up when they agreed to the work rules thinking it would save them xx. It did not and ended up costing them xxx. However the COST, ie licence agreement was determinded long ago.
Similarly with SP there is the cost the company will pay crewing solutions to use it's application however the "cost"/bennefit has not been determinded because work rules have not been negotiated. More clear now? I think you were both talking about something different.

You guys are getting mixed up on the definition of "costs". The company goofed it up when they agreed to the work rules thinking it would save them xx. It did not and ended up costing them xxx. However the COST, ie licence agreement was determinded long ago.
Similarly with SP there is the cost the company will pay crewing solutions to use it's application however the "cost"/bennefit has not been determinded because work rules have not been negotiated. More clear now? I think you were both talking about something different.

I was almond the lines of what you're saying.

How it relates to overall pilot costs and "efficiency" of the system.

Latest resources

Back