• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When did we go back to 16 days bid period since it has been 14 the normal after the second round of furloughs?

We have not gone back to 16 days. He was saying that when we had 16 days as the norm. Sorry, I wasn't clear When I typed that! Club, I want to stay at 14 too! I dig the 7 on 7 off!

In 2005 contract negotiations the NJA pilots insisted that every pilot who wanted it should get a schedule that balanced work and home life. The CBA that was voted in offered 3 schedules with the 7&7 as the default. It does balance work and home so I'm not surprised to see that it has become the industry standard.

The 7&7 is definitely good for family life; the only thing better is having it guaranteed in writing so that pilots and families know they can count on it. It's great knowing way in advance what your schedule will be so that you can make future plans and commitments with confidence.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Flex pilots/families will get to stay on the 7&7, and the same for other frac families that enjoy a balanced lifestyle. Good Luck! NJW

I say let's end this thread now. It started with rumors and information on UpToDate company operation and now is shifting towards the broken record comparison of NJ, and now I can smell this thread another 13 pages. It's getting pretty boring now.

deleteeeeed...................................

I think all these Fractional threads are all sounding the same... There is always NJW there saying the same thing over and over. Take a break lady, find something else to do while your husband is gone, please. Nothing personal...

Like most frac families, mine enjoys the stability of the 7&7 and I wanted to recognize those responsible for making it accessible. If another pilotgroup deserves credit for bringing the schedule to the industry, I trust those pilots will post the details so that I may give credit where credit is due. Likewise, I'm happy to also recognize the pilotgroups that asked for the 7&7 after the NJA pilots got it in their CBA. Doing so helped make it so popular that it spread across the frac industry. Kudos to all involved in making a family-friendly schedule the industry standard.

I wish that other frac groups had the assurance they could keep the 7&7 because I'd hate to see any of our frac pilots/families miss out on the QOL that comes with a balanced schedule. If the non-union groups can get it in writing--more power to them. We all deserve stability.

On and on it goes, Tell your husband I said thanks then. I think we all get it. We owe everything to Netjets! Does that sum it up?

Hardly...:rolleyes: the sarcasm isn't needed. And you left out the pilots that asked for the 7&7 next. I think it was the CS pilotgroup. If so, I invite them to post their story. It's a great schedule and I'm happy to recognize everyone's contribution to its popularity.

Netjetwife,

If there were no such thing as the internet, what would you do all day long? Get a life!

God forbid anyone without a hangy down or pilots license have an opinion...

Anywaaaay, could someone PLEASE post anything on the training slots or laoffs that just happened. I think ClubORDFO is right about the globals and FA correlation or am I missing something? Could they adequatly staff globals and 604s with what they currently have especially if they went to a request only FA basis like on the 300 to give owners a way to cut costs?

Latest resources

Back