• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah--the new memo from FR doesn't bode especially well for the cubicle set. It promises that office staffing needs to be "right-sized."

But on a positve note, it did say that pilot staffing levels had already been addressed, or words to that effect, so maybe we are safe, at least for now. OR, maybe it was just an attempt to keep all us guys at the bottom from deciding to burn all our sick days before the axe falls.

All I know is, I've been flying more this past couple months that I have all year. So has everybody I talk to. Which makes me wonder if those figures Beaner releases each week might all be for sh1t.

Think about it. If you release a bunch of bogus metrics to make everyone think business is way off and scare them half to death, then make cuts well in excess of whatever the volume of business justifies, you look like a productivity boosting genius.

Just a thought.

Amazing, and sad, as to how far this company is going down the tubes in such a short period of time.

Many had predicted this when the Greedmeister came in - and in hindsight they were correct.

Yeah--the new memo from FR doesn't bode especially well for the cubicle set. It promises that office staffing needs to be "right-sized."

But on a positve note, it did say that pilot staffing levels had already been addressed, or words to that effect, so maybe we are safe, at least for now. OR, maybe it was just an attempt to keep all us guys at the bottom from deciding to burn all our sick days before the axe falls.

All I know is, I've been flying more this past couple months that I have all year. So has everybody I talk to. Which makes me wonder if those figures Beaner releases each week might all be for sh1t.

Think about it. If you release a bunch of bogus metrics to make everyone think business is way off and scare them half to death, then make cuts well in excess of whatever the volume of business justifies, you look like a productivity boosting genius.

Just a thought.

You're giving management too much credit. Do you really think they go through that much thought process just so we can feel the way they want us to? I don't think so. It is obviously clear that FGreed is doing what he does best and it is without any regard to employees except for himself. However, to his credit, the economy sucks, though making a comeback, so we really haven't seen what he is capable of doing yet because the month he stepped on property the market crashed.

I'm not a Fred Fan but, I'm curious to see what the future holds when this market turns around. He is obviously smart when it comes to cost cutting, lets see how smart he is/isn't when times are good.

Also, +++ on the cackling women in the meetings. It just absolutely amazes me at the sucking up that goes on at those meetings. As someone said earlier though, this next meeting should have a different tone now that the elephant is in the room and not out on the line.

what's the date of this next meeting and what's on the agenda? Is it just another routine "all hands meeting" with those neat graphs and such?

I'm not a Fred Fan but, I'm curious to see what the future holds when this market turns around. He is obviously smart when it comes to cost cutting, lets see how smart he is/isn't when times are good.

He won't be around long enough to find out. Look at his past track record. In his recent history he hasn't been with any company longer than 3 years.

NetJets is looking. Since I have time on my hands, and a class 1 drivers ticket, I'll rent the tractor-trailer to help Fred move to Columbus.

No charge.

I'll certainly be more courteous to him than he ever was to me.

Hung

You're getting your hopes way up if you think this economy is about to turn around. Your best hope is that we experience a jobless recovery and generally stagnant economy for the next 5-10 years. In reality, the commercial real estate crisis will come due in 8-9 months making the sub prime mess look like small beans. Sorry gentlemen. This party is just about over.

Smart when it comes to cost-cutting? Puuuullllleeeeezzzzzeeee. Any idiot can raise an axe and chop people from their jobs. It takes a smart person or operation (and one that gives a chit) to find alternative means to lower overhead, keep morale on the positive side, and continue moving forward (see NetJets). Fred Greed is none of those things. He is an old school hack that only cares about his wallet, and could care less about the people. Like another poster said - look at his history - it hasn't changed in 30 years. Flexjet and its employees are f cked while he is there. And the only thing they have to look forward to is more of the same. He will milk everyone and everything for all its worth - then bail with a few million he got off your backs. That is his history.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back