• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man this mclain guy needs some help. When I said we pinned your number I didn't mean seniority number moron! Read between the lines (not literally though), see 8th grade english book for help. And sorry, 300/604, whatever!! There can only be 2 reasons you're getting so worked up; either we are right or you need some serious anger management control.

Speaking of anger management, does anyone know where a certain "hot head" ended up after he "left" flex??

I heard he got a job with the TSA.

Just kidding. But I could totally see it.

So according to the latest meeting no foreseeable recalls, but recall eligibility is no longer limited to the original two years. FR was a little vague but mentioned extending recall eligibility to three to five years or more. It might be worth a pone call to the office to get the official word.

He also said the next Habitat for Humanity house they put up would be donated to a furloughed pilot, which was nice.

That would be great! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it becomes official. Good idea on calling the office.

Netjetwife,

Thanks so much for your opinion on this matter - pertaining to an industry which you don't work in, and a company you don't work for. It is highly appreciated.

Ok I normally ignore netjetwife but I must say something. If I came home from work and asked my wife what she did while I was gone and she told me that she put 100 posts on flightinfo, I think I would be speechless and scared.

I mean, everyone is different but, let's say my wife is a hair stylist. Now, here I am at work one day doing standby at MDW Signature. I'm 2 hours into my standby and have been on my laptop that whole first 2 or 3 hours writing posts on a hair stylists' message board. It would be something like this:

"Yeah, they make us use the electric shears first and THEN switch to scissors. What BS is that? Why can't I make the decision on which one I want to use? And, why can't we sit while we cut hair? We should be pushing for more bar stools in this industry. It's BS!" and I say, "Well, my wife is part of a group that will fight for your right to that barstool and I do feel your pain. I know what its like to stand all day, it's really hard on your back. Keep doing your job and get the word out about those barstools."

If my wife found out I was pushing for sit down time for hair stylist on a public forum I think she would divorce me.

Sorry netjetwife but, I understand why you are on here but, the level of your involvement is not healthy and, quite frankly a joke, and I'm sure you'll tell me your husband supports what you do blah blah blah... I just hope you know that you are not taken seriously and everyone on here pretty much thinks you're a loser for fighting in a game that's not even in your sport. Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here....

Ok I normally ignore netjetwife but I must say something. If I came home from work and asked my wife what she did while I was gone and she told me that she put 100 posts on flightinfo, I think I would be speechless and scared.

I mean, everyone is different but, let's say my wife is a hair stylist. Now, here I am at work one day doing standby at MDW Signature. I'm 2 hours into my standby and have been on my laptop that whole first 2 or 3 hours writing posts on a hair stylists' message board. It would be something like this:

"Yeah, they make us use the electric shears first and THEN switch to scissors. What BS is that? Why can't I make the decision on which one I want to use? And, why can't we sit while we cut hair? We should be pushing for more bar stools in this industry. It's BS!" and I say, "Well, my wife is part of a group that will fight for your right to that barstool and I do feel your pain. I know what its like to stand all day, it's really hard on your back. Keep doing your job and get the word out about those barstools."

If my wife found out I was pushing for sit down time for hair stylist on a public forum I think she would divorce me.

Sorry netjetwife but, I understand why you are on here but, the level of your involvement is not healthy and, quite frankly a joke, and I'm sure you'll tell me your husband supports what you do blah blah blah... I just hope you know that you are not taken seriously and everyone on here pretty much thinks you're a loser for fighting in a game that's not even in your sport. Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here....

That gets the best post of the year award. Perfectly said.

He also said the next Habitat for Humanity house they put up would be donated to a furloughed pilot, which was nice.

Funny you mention that...

I had a SNL "Brush with Greatness" this morning coming out of the lift in BOS. When I went down for b-fast I noticed a dude standing at the end of the hall. Suit, tie...just stand'n there.

I go eat chow and as I'm going back to my room and get off the lift, I nearly run over this pleasant looking lady of around 70. She looks familiar and I say hello as I pass when I look up almost run over former Pres. Jimmy Carter! I say "hello sir", and he mumbles a "morning". I get the stink eye from the dude I saw earlier in the hall and then they were gone!

How's that for face time with one of the big guys?

Funny you mention that...

I had a SNL "Brush with Greatness" this morning coming out of the lift in BOS. When I went down for b-fast I noticed a dude standing at the end of the hall. Suit, tie...just stand'n there.

I go eat chow and as I'm going back to my room and get off the lift, I nearly run over this pleasant looking lady of around 70. She looks familiar and I say hello as I pass when I look up almost run over former Pres. Jimmy Carter! I say "hello sir", and he mumbles a "morning". I get the stink eye from the dude I saw earlier in the hall and then they were gone!

How's that for face time with one of the big guys?

Not sure I'd call him "one of the big guys"

Latest resources

Back